Using dishnet dish and lnb with Twinhan 102g

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gordonwork

Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
california
I am trying to use an existing dishnetwork dish and LNB pointing to a working dishnetwork satellite at 110 degrees with my Twinhan 102G pci card. So far I get fairly good signal strength but no quality. My expectation was to get channel 100 and any other in the clear channels (how to use dishnetwork and demo). Am I doing something wrong or trying the impossiable? Any hints and tips would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks in advance
Gordonwork

Last edited:
Well, it took me months to make progress with my Hauppauge Nexus-S Rev. 2.3 PCI card. I have not been able to get the software Hauppauge ships with the card to work, in fact, I have only gotten one application to work with my card...MyTheatre (http://www.dvbcore.com/).

What I have noticed is if I use a single LNB it's fine, but if I go back to my Dish 500 dual LNB (the one with the 119 & 110 labels and built-in switch) I need to use a line booster. Not quite sure why, as my old Dish Network receiver works fine without the line booster.

So, try MT 3.33.5 and if you have a single LNB use that too. If not, go to Home Depot or Radio Shack and pickup RCA line amplifier (the 950 MHz to 2GHz) and put this in the middle of your RG6 cable.

The Twin LNB is a bugger to use for FTA due to the built in switch. Best thing to do is use 2 separate LNB's (that dont have a switch built in)

There is a little bit on 110 & 119 FTA
-Gol TV
-NASA
-Angel One
-audio channels (not Sirius)
-Dish Home (the 6 channel mosaic)
-Dish 101
-PPV preview channels

Iceberg said:
The Twin LNB is a bugger to use for FTA due to the built in switch. Best thing to do is use 2 separate LNB's (that dont have a switch built in)

There is a little bit on 110 & 119 FTA
-Gol TV
-NASA
-Angel One
-audio channels (not Sirius)
-Dish Home (the 6 channel mosaic)
-Dish 101
-PPV preview channels

Do I need a circular polarity LNB to get NASA channel?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts