Using FTA dish to backup DN on 61.5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Raysat67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Easton, PA
Not sure if this has been asked on this forum or if this is even possible, but when the weather is really bad I would like to be able to point my FTA dish to 61.5 and have it feed into my DN switch for better reception. I was thinking if I replace my LNB with a four port universal LNB that this might work. Not sure if this is possible but it would be nice to be able to receive off of the larger dish when the rain and snow come.
Any thoughts on this?

I believe so. I had a DN installer change it to the eastern arc about 8 months ago. Pretty sure it's a 1000.4.
Yes one dish.

The Invacom quad wont work then as that is considered "Legacy" and the D1000.4 (Eastern Arc) is DishPro

I would get a DishPro single or dual and just strap it to the side of your existing LNB on the 90cm dish. The only thing that worries me is this.....right now you have 61.5/72/77. If you hook that new LNB (from the 90cm) into the LNB in on the D1000.4 then you will duplicate 61.5. When you lose signal you would need to rerun the check switch for the receiver to find the "new" 61.5 and by that time most weather would be gone ;)

Now if you aimed the 90cm at 61.5 and then ran check switch now it would find 61.5,61.5,72,77 and then it would really be screwed up ;)

carrying on with that thought...

Like Iceberg said, anything that's temporary or transient, you'd need to run Check Switch on the Dish receiver.
Not a very user-friendly thing to do.

I'd use a dedicated bigger dish for 61°, if you think you need it.
(as suggested above)
And if necessary, put some aluminum foil over the LNB on your DishNet 1000.4
(that'd be the western-most LNB)
Then run Check Switch once and for ever, and see if that'd work. ;)

I use 3 dishes for EA. The one for 61.5 is a .7 m the one for 72.7 is an .8m (84e dish) & a standard dish 500 w/ an I adapter to make it a single dish. These all use Dish Pro LNB's.

Thanks for the responses. Running the check switch would definitely be annoying as I know how long that takes. Maybe a dedicated dish is the answer.

Thanks.

If you think running Check Switch on a DishPro setup is lengthy, you should have tried it back in the Legacy days!
THAT was painful! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts