Using Primestar dish and lnbf to get 105

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

7720driver

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
New Albany, MS
I'm new to satelliteguys and this forum. What a great place this is! Many thanks to larrystotler. I followed his advice, and now I'm getting my locals on 105 by using a Primestar dish and the original Primestar lnbf. I was lucky that my locals are on transponder 11 (a vertically polarized transponder) and thus they are on the lower band where my DP34 switch was expecting them to be. A Primestar dish will not work for 105 locals broadcast on the even numbered transponders (the horizontally polarized transponders).

To find the number and polarity of the transponder on which your 105 locals are broadcast, go to the lyngsat site.

By rotating the lnbf itself to the ideal polarity position, I got my signal up to 90.

I'm going to install the Primestar dish over at a friend's house, and connect it (plus his Dish 500) to a DP34 switch so that my buddies and I can watch the Superbowl on my Dishnetwork receiver. (I have a Superdish, but I don't want to move it over there.)

Thanks again, Larrystotler....and Dodge!

I have the heavy 30"x40" primestar dish

Hi and Hello,I am jackpeas@yahoo.com in Chicago,ILL 60643.I got my primestar off ebay.I got a phase 3 lnb on it. but it in the garrage.Its has the H V lnb can on it.I put a 1/2"electric pipe around the front and sides.For 6 or 7 lnb.I also have a channel master 24"x18" with 5 lnb on it.I am planning to make my primestar movable with my hh motors. Ziploc made a drawing on how to do this/But I got part of it..So I am looking for him to get rest .I have got most the parts I need. Thank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)