Using SD Cards with Hopper.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I have a 16GB SD Card in a Sony USB SD Card Reader.

I plugged it into the front USB port, got a message saying I need to format. I formatted the card.

I recorded about a minute of one show. Then I went into the menu and transferred the recording to the card.

I went into DVR and played the recording off the card. It WORKED.

I cannot verify if a thumbdrive will work, as I do not own one, but this verifies that SD cards will work. I recommend using class 10.

This allows a person with a hopper to easily transfer and take a recording with him/her. Say your brother has a hopper. Now you can take your SD card and adapter, and play something on his hopper.

I have a 16GB SD Card in a Sony USB SD Card Reader.

I plugged it into the front USB port, got a message saying I need to format. I formatted the card.

I recorded about a minute of one show. Then I went into the menu and transferred the recording to the card.

I went into DVR and played the recording off the card. It WORKED.

I cannot verify if a thumbdrive will work, as I do not own one, but this verifies that SD cards will work. I recommend using class 10.

This allows a person with a hopper to easily transfer and take a recording with him/her. Say your brother has a hopper. Now you can take your SD card and adapter, and play something on his hopper.

I wouldn't count on that working.I know that ehd's are account specific.If you take your ehd to a friends house and connect to their receiver it will ask to format not allow you to play the content.

OK. That I didn't know.

Still, using a SD card is kinda cool. If anyone has a spare thumbdrive, see if that will work.

Dish said the HD needs external power, we should also test if a USB powered one will work.

It will only work on your Hopper as each recording is encrypted using a special account key. Meaning you cant take it to a friends house and pop it into his Hopper and watch the show from HBO you recorded last night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)