Using Slinglink with the 722 to get 2nd tuner use on 2nd floor tv

jimw520

Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Michigan
Is that possible? I've been trolling the internet looking for a way to connect my 722's 2nd tuner coax cable to something that would let me put a tv in my bedroom on the 2nd floor without adding yet another LNB and more cost to my $100+ Dish bill. I have a wifi network but don't care about getting the internet on any tv. There is a SlingLink Turbo plugged into an outlet and cat5'd to my Linksys/Cisco E3000 wifirouter and both my 722 and 622 DVRs show up on my network as other devices. The 722 has a cat5 cable connected to the router.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Jim

Is that possible? I've been trolling the internet looking for a way to connect my 722's 2nd tuner coax cable to something that would let me put a tv in my bedroom on the 2nd floor without adding yet another LNB and more cost to my $100+ Dish bill. I have a wifi network but don't care about getting the internet on any tv. There is a SlingLink Turbo plugged into an outlet and cat5'd to my Linksys/Cisco E3000 wifirouter and both my 722 and 622 DVRs show up on my network as other devices. The 722 has a cat5 cable connected to the router.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Jim

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do, but the SlingLink only sends internet connectivity using your home's power lines, not video.

If I understood, you're trying to get another TV hooked up (3rd total on the receiver). The best way to get this done is to mirror the TV2 feed by splitting the coax cable from the TV2 output on the receiver, and run it to the other TV.

Sorry if this didn't answer your question.

Thanks for the reply, Matthew! That's what I was seeing but I was hoping I had missed something. It will be much more of a challenge to run a cable to the 2nd floor. I might be able to use an old comcast coax cable but its outlet is on the wrong wall in the bedroom. Yes, if that could be done, it would be the 2nd tv on tuner 2. I'm not too optimistic.

The problem with that plan is the lack of cabling options, which was why I was hoping there would be some sort of power line or even a wifi solution to it. The 2nd tuner on the 722 is cabled to a tv in the basement rec room and it works fine that way, but that was easy to install that cable. The problem with the 2nd floor plan is there's an old comcast coax cable going up there but it's outlet is on the wrong wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)