Using two 30 or 36 inch satellite dishes on 110, 119, and 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Humbleman

Original poster
May 28, 2011
Edmonds, WA
I am considering returning to Dish Network. I left due to the wobbly satellite on 129 in 2008. I have a 30 inch dish aimed at 129 and a Dish 500 aimed at 110 and 119. I have no problem installing a 30 inch dish to replace the Dish 500 and would even consider putting up a 36 inch to replace the 129 dish and then use the 30 inch dish where the Dish 500 is today.

Money not being a factor, is the best setup I could have? I would be ordering the HD only package (gold?) and the $10 extra HD package which strangely includes non-HD programming.

Thanks to anyone who knows the answer to this.

129 has a new satellite there is way better than that POS sat that was there back in 08

The stock Dish 1000 would work fine

129 has a new satellite there is way better than that POS sat that was there back in 08

The stock Dish 1000 would work fine

I live in Seattle and my thoughts are the extra signal strenth I might get would eliminate some of the rain fade I get. You said the stock dish was fine and I accept that. My question was... "is this the best setup I could have?" Thanks for replying.

well, if money is not a factor and this is all about signal strength, then just 3 dish 500s with a DP dual/single LNB each aimed at one of the 3 sats (119, 110, 129) tied back into either a DPP 44 or DPP 33 switch. You could use 3 dish 1000.2s if you can get hold of the "W" brackets to gain a little extra signal.

And, definitely don't expect Dish to do this for you. They frown on out of the ordinary setups like this.

well, if money is not a factor and this is all about signal strength, then just 3 dish 500s with a DP dual/single LNB each aimed at one of the 3 sats (119, 110, 129) tied back into either a DPP 44 or DPP 33 switch. You could use 3 dish 1000.2s if you can get hold of the "W" brackets to gain a little extra signal.

And, definitely don't expect Dish to do this for you. They frown on out of the ordinary setups like this.

I currently have 110 and 119 aimed at the Dish 500 and 129 aimed at the 30 inch Wineguard dish. The switching box is also in. The setup I had when I left Dish in 2008 is still in place including new RG6 from the switch box to the location of the 2008 dish stb's.

Is my setup better or worse than a 1000.4WA? This is purely from a signal strength point of view.

My question was... "is this the best setup I could have?"
no. 3 48" dishes would be the best setup ;)
But then again I dont know if you want to drop a bunch of money so your rain fade goes from 5 minutes to 3 minutes ;)

honestly the setup you have works real well. The separate dish for 129 will be more than sufficient (like I say the new sat there is MUCH better than the old wobbly sat that was there)

honestly the setup you have works real well. The separate dish for 129 will be more than sufficient (like I say the new sat there is MUCH better than the old wobbly sat that was there)

Thanks again. I am going to go with the setup I have in place rather than change it to the 1000.X. Thanks to the other folks that contributed. I very much appreciate it.

I currently have 110 and 119 aimed at the Dish 500 and 129 aimed at the 30 inch Wineguard dish. The switching box is also in. The setup I had when I left Dish in 2008 is still in place including new RG6 from the switch box to the location of the 2008 dish stb's.

Is my setup better or worse than a 1000.4WA? This is purely from a signal strength point of view.

Just stay with that set up. With the new bird at 129 you don't need anything any better than what you have. Rain fade will only be a problem with heavy rain. I used to live in Tacoma and most of the time the rain in that area is not bad enough to give you problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts