Uverse PIcture dropouts....content issue?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JiffyPop

Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
OK, I have only had the Uverse service for 2 days and I love it....except for the following issue: While watching Live (or a recorded program) I occasionally experience picture dropouts. viewing will be fine and then the screen will roll like it lost horizontal sync (see image below) and then my TV will display a blue screen like it lost all input signal. During this time the audio portion of the show is still playing. I can fast forward and after 15-30 seconds get the picture back. I can't say for certain but this may only happen with HD channels. Is this a known issue, or something new? Please help.

attprobpb6.jpg

Interesting....so this is happening to me frequently. It also appears to happen more and more often into the evening/night viewing hours. It also appears to happen on SD and HD channels. My oberservations/thoughts? It almost does appear to be a content issue (although I have yet to see it happen on a non DVR receiver). ATT appears to have trouble encoding fast image changes and fast brightness/contrast changes. Watching "so you think you can dance" last night...everytime the stage lighting would flash with a single burst of bright light (similar to camera flash) there would be streaking/noise across the top or bottom of the screen.

The above being said...does anyone have their DVR conencted to the RG via CAT5, or via COAX? Mine is connected via CAT5 and I was wonderring if this could somehow be related to the issue. My SD receivers are connected via COAX. I should also mention that the RG really show no major errors (in most cases no errors) when these glitches occur.

hmm, I've had uverse for months now with no issues like that, really no issues at all except for a balun failure.

I only use cat5e for my install, even made a seperate home run from the NID to my RG. I have tested it with the coax that I put in when I had satellite and never experienced problems with it either.

To me you have a service call issues, possibly some noise or maybe like me a bad balun in the NID. I have not had any issues with fast motion programming or anything.

How are you connected from the DVR to the TV? HDMI? I have see an few issues with the HDMI handshake and intermittent HDMI issues that I do not know if they are resolved. I use HDMI to my Onkyo 606 and then to my tv. Have not experience any handshake problems.

I , too, have the HDMI handshake issue. Upon turning on the receiver, it will tell me that it cannot connect via HDMI and then connect after a few flickers of the screen.

I have finally been able to sit down and watch a standard receiver (Non-DVR/SD) for a while and I am experiencing dropouts with SD content as well. Watching Letterman last night (and MTV for a bit) there were picture dropouts that happened frequently, and audio would drop out at the same time. This was actually pretty bad and very distracting....to the point where I had to turn the TV off.

The installer tested every coax run in the house and changed every connector and wall-plate. The tester came back green for every run.

I am calling ATT today to get them back out.

Could also be a bad patch cable, from the RG to the DVR. (just guessing??)

Also try switching the DVR with an STB, and hook it up with ethernet, see what it does, maybe you can rule out the patch cable or the dvr box itself.....

I had problems with HDMI as well. Kept getting errors when trying to turn on the receiver. I eventually got tired of it and switched to component cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)