Uverse tv still not available in my area

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
For 5 years I've been told uverse is coming to my area and all I get is excuses as to why it's not in my area. Yet what annoy's me the most about uverse is the fact at least 7 times a day I see their ad for tv and how great it is but yet when I contact AT&T about it they say its not available yet to me. So why even bother showing it to me in the first place? I'm a current dish customer and I'm thinking of leaving dish when my contract is up to jump to cable but the only providers I have are comcast or wow and neither have impressed me much.

It's been literally "just around the corner" here for a few years now. If I recall correctly, the hardware upgrades they need to do are expensive compared to the number of subscribers they may gain over a given area. My neighbors down the road can get U-verse, but I'm not holding my breath.

They put the VRAD literally across the street about 6 months ago. If it is going to be available here, it still isnt. Wonder how long it takes them to get one up and running?

Whats odd to me is, if I go to the Uverse availability page, enter my address, it pops up and says not available.

If I go to the DSL availability page and enter my address, it pops up and says that it qualifies for Uverse and more. Customer service can give me no explanation as to why.

I know I'm tired of seeing all these uverse ads but when I call all I get is we're not sure when we'll be in your area. It's literally all around me except my street. I really don't want to switch to comcast. I have dish now but when my contract runs out if they offer nothing for me to stay ill have to seek other routes. Seems u verse has more hd anyways.

When they first brought Uverse to my area, they said ONE house in the middle of the block near me could get it, but no one else! I wouldn't trust the online lookup if that is what you are going by.

Well I had them have a tech ping my address to see if the signal is strong enough and it's still being looked at. Hopefully I can get it soon. I'm shocked they haven't come out with a new dvr by now and menu.

Do you have Century Link in your area? If so you might want to check out their new Prism TV. I live in the Colorado Springs, CO area and have had it for about 10 days now. The remote is taking a bit of getting use to. I have had dish since 2004 and am quite used to it. The Prism TV allows the recording of 4 HD stations at once. The picture quality is better then Dish using a 722k DVR. I now have HD to both TV's with the Prism, plus the channel package that I have has a much better selection then Dish at about the same monthly price and the installation was free. If the equipment fails they will replace it for free. There is no $7.00 a month protection plan like Dish charges. I get to try it for FREE 30 days. If I don't like it and I can cancel it and I pay nothing. What a concept. Dish doesn't do that. It's your for 2 years rather you like it not. With Prism, they only require a 1 year contract if you keep it beyond the 30 days. If you want to cancel within the first year, you only have to pay $10.00 for the unused months on the contract. The Prism TV uses similar technology as Uverse. My Phone, Internet and TV are all connected to a modem/gateway. The downside is that the Prism does not have the Dish Anywhere feature, but I expect that to change sometime in the future. It also at the moment does not have the capability to hook up and external hard drive like Dish. Also if the modem/gateway fails, you will loose TV, Phone and Internet all at once. My brother lives in Indiana and has Uverse. He said the he has had it about 4 years and has not had any problem with his modem/gateway. I hope the Century Link equipment is as reliable as the Uverse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)