Uverse worth it?

Jim "Spot" Beam

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Southern Ohio
Uverse available.

But I love my two Tivos.

Anything for Uverse similar to the tivo to go?

Is it worth the hassle?

What is exactly the installation process going from phone box to coax and network?

Nothing like Tivo to go as far as I know.

Yes it is worth the hassle in my opinion.

They have some kind of splitter in the phone box that from there they run a CAT5 cable to the RG which then acts as your wireless router and where your TV's plug into via either CAT5 or coax.

Ok, here's my take. I just disconected Dish. I have had dish for over 5 years. 2 722s.
Im going through some 722 withdrawals at the moment. Best darn DVR out there.
But I had to leave dish over real poor customer service issues.

Onto Att. I have their top package of internet and tv. Internet is real good. It just got better. They hard wired it into my computer.
The good:

The Tv side is excellent. While not as many HD channels as Dish ( at the moment) the quality is outstanding.
The dvr is fast, channel changing is lightening quick.

The Bad:
Remote needs to be pointed at Dvr. Not crazy about that.
Im having pixelation issues. They claim its outside wiring. That needs to be fixed or Im gone.
However, i will be patient. Its brand new to my area. They have to work out the kinks.

I think the upside is really good for uverse.
Tons of potential.

But, if dish did not take down my Voom channels Id probably still be with them.

Money wise im saving roughly 60 bucks a month.
Plus att is giving me 200 back and a free month..No contract!!

Go for it. If you dont like it, you can leave no commitment.

Any more questions feel free to email me jlerner22@att.net

U-verse Not Worth the Hassle

It is good that AT&T hard wired the internet into your computer. I think the hard wired connections work but we had tons of trouble with the U-verse Gateway wireless home network.

The internet speeds were so inconsistent that even reading e-mail became a burden. Playing games on the internet was impossible. AT&T told us they couldn't deliver reliable, consistent internet speeds via their wireless network. I thought they could have fixed the problem, but I guess not.

We had really wanted to switch to U-verse for the television but the internet just didn't work for us. Also, even though you say to just try it because you can always go back (no commitments), it was a huge waste of time waiting at home during the numerous service calls it took to install U-verse and then it didn't work.

att-consumer-report .com

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)