Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I have an idea sort of:

I have a vbox 4. I have noticed every time you flip a channel even on the same sat - the display flashes and the pansat 9200hd is sending a position request to the box.

What if I wanted to have two receivers with diseqc 1.2 to control the dish.
I could copy the diseqc settings and positions so that when I was in my garage with another 9200HD and my HD tv, I could just turn off my living room 9200hd and turn on the one in the garage and it should take control of the v-box through a two way splitter (both ports power pass).

I could even put the v-box in the garage since it is closer to the dish.

As long as two receivers were not trying to tell it where to go at the same time should that work?

I have 2 receivers to 1 VBox, but connected through the IF Loop from One to the Other.
May be a mechanical switch somewhere, in case the other receiver gets turned on.

It'll work as long as you use a diode protected splitter. Anytime your gonna use a splitter to feed 2 receivers and your gonna pass power on both port (which you'll have to do as the diseqc commands are modulated on the LNB voltage) you need to use a diode protected splitter. The diode protection prevents what basically amounts to a short circuit when one receiver is trying to put +18v on the line and the other is trying to put +13v. Even if both receivers were selecting the same polarity, say for example Horizontal and placing 18v on the line, slight difference in the voltage regulation circuitry could result in small differences in the actual voltage delivered. For example one might be providing +18.1v while the other provides +18.4v. The difference even though it might seem small could result in enough current flow to damage one or both receivers since the 2 different potentials are essentially "shorted" together. This is where the diode protection comes into play. A diode protected splitter permits no current flow from one to the other as one of the diodes will always block it. So, as long as you use a diode protected splitter you'll be fine and what your proposing should work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

audio channels on 4DTV

Whats Going On With Showtime ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)