v3000 G box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deaner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Wiggins, MS
I have a mercury star receiver and I am thinking of purchasing the power tech v 3000 to move the dish. My motor and polarizer are hard wired and it looks like the v3000 would take care of this very good. If I am correct how would the mercury be connected to the dish mover? Please make it simple so I can understand and let me know if I am going the wrong way and what I should do instead of going this way.

thanks

The cableling (coax) goes from the Mercury to the v3000, then the cableling goes from the v3000 to the lnb/lnbf (note : if you have an lnb with polarizer, the Mercury will not control it). Also the Voltage and Sensor wires go from the v3000 to the Actuator.

The v3000 will not control the polarizer either....

need more info

I have a mercury star receiver and I am thinking of purchasing the power tech v 3000 to move the dish.
My motor and polarizer are hard wired and it looks like the v3000 would take care of this very good.
If I am correct how would the mercury be connected to the dish mover? Please make it simple so I can understand and let me know if I am going the wrong way and what I should do instead of going this way.

thanks
There didn't seem to be enough info to give you a very good answer.
I took a look back through some of your previous posts to see what equipment you had and what you might be up to.
I get the impression you have a big dish (BUD) and a 4DTV receiver.
Normally, it would control your dish-mover and polarotor.

A Fortec Star Mercury II receiver along with a V3000 would certainly run the motor and move the dish.
Unfortunately, there is no way to control the polarotor on your LNB with the Mercury.
There are a couple of good FTA receivers which will handle the polortor if that is your need.
Likewise, the LNB could be changed out for one of the newer voltage-controlled models.
The old-timers won't recommend that approach, citing better stability in 20 year old technology than some of the new stuff.
That argument has two sides, and we can discuss both. :)

I believe the best thing would be to describe what you had in mind, in general.
What do you have that you want to keep?
What do you want to decommission?
Has anything failed or broken?
Has your interest changed?

I have a 920 and 922 receiver and a 10 foot diameter dish. On trying to set them upthe receiver will not allow any dish movement. It states the receiver has reached its physical limits. According to the Motorla guide this should not happen during set up. Am I in error? How does the receiver get the information on dish travel? I am able to move the dish with a battery so if the actuator limits were shutting it down it seems I would not be able to move the dish with a battery. I feel there is a simple problem that I am missing. Would someone set me straight--please?

Either the Sensor wires to the Reed Switch are crossed or incorrectly hooked up, or the Reed Switch has gone bad? Would be my guess?
Or you don't have the settings correct in the 4dtv's, or the 4dtv's are bad?

Yes, as a safety precaution, when a 4D or Vbox tries to move a motor, if it doesn't get feedback from the sensor, it stops trying to move that motor.
The assumption is that it's up against an object, or worse (as VoomVoom listed above).

If that is the only thing you are trying to fix, then check out the wiring and maybe the sensor.
Should be an easy fix.
If you need help or more info, just ask. - :up

I went thru the wiring and have that part straightened out. Seem to have problems with the dish moving on its own at times, it will go all the way to the east from the west. Not sure yet what is causing this problem?

I have a 10 foot dish with a von weise actuator . The dish can be parked in the south and it wil move on its own as far east that it can move. I have removed the actuator wires from the receiver and it will still move far east. When moving from the east to the south the actuator moves correctly. Any ideas on this situaTION?
THANKS

This is a correction to what I stated earlier. If we leave the wires on the motor terminal of the receiver, it will swing back to the east real fast. I have removed the wires going to the actuator from the receiver but the receiver terminals are still getting the signal to move. If you have any ideas, I would appreciate it.

i can't remember cause i only played with the 4dtv for a short while . but with the limits set
at first like you mentioned 5000 for East and 5000 for West the dish wouldn't move. but if the limits are not set properly it would probably do what you are describing. maybe the limits got inadvertanly reset.

i know i read ( and i will have to go back and fine it ) that most people like to set their 4dtv on a certain satellite for 5000 and go from there. but since you are past that point. you might be best to continue on and set the limits and go from there. if you know how many clicks ( or counts) from the last time you can easily re-input those. most would travel and this is just an example from 4700 - 5300. but i'm sure ( if you wanted) you could get it to count from 5000 for your west most satellite and count down to 4400 for the east limit.

the g-box 3000 is a mover that your dvb receiver can tell to move the dish. which is the same thing your using your 4dtv to do now. both systems and not meant to go together ( to try to move the dish) usually its one (g-box) or the other (4dtv or analog receiver) to move the dish. you can however have both receivers tied into the same dish ( just use the coax splitters) but only one should be the mover.

With the remote turning off the receiver it is still powered up on the terminal for the actuator. Something must be locked up in the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.