ValueElectronics

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Anyone else use this vendor for their AM21?

I'm not very happy with them. They just shipped the item today out of Texas after being told they were shipping them via their location in NY. This adds almost a week of delivery time. I was also charged more than I was suppose to. Pricing wasto be adjusted as per a conversation with one of their reps.

People who ordered from D got their units a while ago.

Anyone else have a better experience?

I was told that they were shipping Tuesday ... i was also told that they could not move on the price .. for the sake of $4-5 i was not about to cancel and re-order with directv - especially considering the nightmare stories that i had been reading on the other forum from those that had ordered via directv ... (not everyone that ordered from directv got them already ... ;) )

If they are coming out of Texas - that would certainly be better for me ... but I have sent a couple of emails that have taken two or three days to be answered .. not the most pro-active experience that I've ever had - but for the sake of $4-5 and a few days extra for shipping - I'm not overly worried about it.

I probably would not order from them again though due to the lack of communication/updates on order shipping/status.

The owner used to be on these forums all the time helping with customer service issues and questions, used to be . . .

They used to be Gold Sponsers on here, used to be...

I think the reason they are no longer here is that VE decided to expand thier product to alot more than they use to and I don't know if the specialize in the sat stuff as much as they use to.

fwiw, I have used them previously and had no problems at all.

Jimbo

Anyone else use this vendor for their AM21?

I'm not very happy with them. They just shipped the item today out of Texas after being told they were shipping them via their location in NY. This adds almost a week of delivery time. I was also charged more than I was suppose to. Pricing wasto be adjusted as per a conversation with one of their reps.

People who ordered from D got their units a while ago.

Anyone else have a better experience?

Darren,
Call them in NY, number is on their website, ask for Robert, tell him your from this site, he will take care of you.
(Robert is the owner)
Tel: 800-789-5050 or 914-723-3344

Jimbo

Value no longer sells most of the DirecTV things that they use to such as receivers, dishes, switches. They do have an amazing lineup of other things for your home theater.

Robert is a great guy (and an even better Poker player) and I can assue you he only wants the best for his customers.

Value no longer sells most of the DirecTV things that they use to such as receivers, dishes, switches. They do have an amazing lineup of other things for your home theater.

Robert is a great guy (and an even better Poker player) and I can assue you he only wants the best for his customers.

Yeah, a great guy. Call and ask for him, and I am sure he'll make sure you are satisfied.

I got shipping confirmation and e-mailed back asking about the charge being higher than Directs website, we shall see what happens. Not a great first impression.

You too can call and talk to Robert , be sure to let him know your from Sat Guys

Jimbo

I didnt speak to robert but whoever the CSR is. The credit was issued. The dealy in shipping had to do with a communication gaf with D*. They weren't planning to ship my unit from Dallas... all is well.

I see the same situation often and it disappoints me on a regular basis. People post negative comments before a company has had a chance to offer any solution.

Companies make mistakes. To expect them not to do so is an invitation to a very depressing life. Judge companies not by them making mistakes but by the measures they take to correct them. I generally give a company three chances to fix an error. If I speak to the appropriate person three times without a resolution, I consider that a problem.

Just because you can track a package on the Internet in near real-time doesn't mean you can fix all problems immediately. This is not specific to this forum, but I often see the same type situations. I am a huge fan of customer service, but I get tired of people expecting good customer service when they fail to be good customers.

Several people said they had bad first impressions. How do you think their impression of you as a customer is fairing now? Pre-orders are a difficult area. Be thankful that any companies still offer them. Expecting all of the information to be known months in advance is inappropriate.

There are some instances where there are real issues that companies choose not to resolve. I recently pre-ordered a video game on a website as a gift for someone. The site was that of a national chain. The site accepted the order and showed a confirmation screen, but the gift card offered in the promotion was never sent. After three calls to customer service, they admitted that it was their error. They made no attempt to offer any fix: no credit, the item was out of stock, no other deal. Now, since I gave them ample opportunity over a number of days, it is a bit different. They consciously decided not to provide any remedy on a number of occasions after speaking to several managers. That is bad customer service and an abundance of apathy. No coupon, no credit, no solution, no attempt.

What you experienced was a minor setback.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts