VaVaVoom to Basic after 6/1/04??

415Scope

Original poster
May 3, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
If I currently have the VaVaVoom package, can I downgrade to the basic package after 6/1 at the current $39.99 rate? I left a message for Voom CSR, but have not heard back yet.

I am interested int this too. Signed up for VAVAVOOM wanting to decide witch if any "Premium" services would be best for me. Then planning to switch to basic plus 1 premium or maybe none.

I was Told by a CSR that if you signed up before 6/1 then your are locked into that pricing till the end of the year.

I'm not taking any chances. I downgraded to the basic Voom package yesterday for $40. A bunch of chopped off movies just isn't worth $40 IMO.

slffl said:
I'm not taking any chances. I downgraded to the basic Voom package yesterday for $40. A bunch of chopped off movies just isn't worth $40 IMO.

So, how much is "a bunch of chopped off movies" worth?

slffl said:
I'm not taking any chances. I downgraded to the basic Voom package yesterday for $40. A bunch of chopped off movies just isn't worth $40 IMO..
Hopefully you don't own a Mitsubishi or other HDTV that overscans around 5% or you are going to be paying $40 to have everything you watch chopped off. :no

subdude212 said:
Hopefully you don't own a Mitsubishi or other HDTV that overscans around 5% or you are going to be paying $40 to have everything you watch chopped off. :no

No, I already fixed the overscan on my TV. Now I only get some of it chopped off by the overscan that the VOOM STB does to it.

What kind of chopping are you seeing with the Voom STB? I know it isn't chopping off anything at the top, since i even can see the macrovision and other VBI data showing at the top of mine, when watching upconverted SD channels. It seems broadcasters, when upconverting their shows, assume that your tv is going to have that overscan region, and actually scale that up to the new size as well. Anyone else seeing this?

415Scope said:
If I currently have the VaVaVoom package, can I downgrade to the basic package after 6/1 at the current $39.99 rate? I left a message for Voom CSR, but have not heard back yet.

Here is the reply I got from Voom - "Thank you for contacting VOOM.
Although I cannot make any guarantees on our pricing and program offers, at this point in time, if you take advantage of our VOOM package at $39.90, by May 31st, 2004, you are guaranteed the savings through the remainder of this year. However, if at any point after May 31st, you wish to change your services, you may loose that special pricing. If you have any further questions, please give us a call at 1-800-GET-VOOM and once again thank you for contacting VOOM - HDTV Delivered!"

Kinda vague :confused: , but I am going to downgrade before 6/1 anyways. I'm not a big fan of the premium channels to warrant the extra $40 / month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)