Vbox actuator combo with sg2100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bidaw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
Ok guys...I am sure that someone has run into this - So, I will just put it out there.

I am running a small dish farm off of my Pansat 2500a receiver. This is the rub. I have only one receiver....out of that receiver I currently doing the following: 2500a > sg2100 > 4 port disq > 2 circular and 1 linear LNB's

I want to do the following: 2500a > vbox > sg2100 > 4 port disq > 2 circular, 1 linear, and 1 c-band lnbf.

I need to know if this will work before I have to pull out my ladder and kill myself on the roof to wire this up.

I currently have 2 fixed circular lnbs, a motorized linear lnb pushing KU on my rooftop - working great with my 2500a. A buddy gave me his 7.5" cband mount and dish, so I researched how to get it up and running. I took my Pansat to get it setup and running...purchase a vbox, hooked it up to the actuator ... and after hours of frustration, I got it to work!!! But seperate from my other KU stuff.

I know both systems work independently from each other, but I need them to work together. The Vbox is pushing disq 1.2 whereas the sg2100 is pushing USALS (but I think will read disq 1.2 as well). The question is...can and will both dish movers - the vbox and sg2100 co-exist on the same RG6 cable without problems?

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Well, since I couldn't get a response in the thread...and the people that I asked personally via PM didn't know...

Nothin' to it - but to do it!!! Climbed up on the roof and connected the coax to the disq switch.

Worked great - I have my Pansat analog slaved to the 2500a running a vbox to the sg2100 to the 4 port disqc running 2 circular, 1 linear, and 1 cband!

I know I could have avoided a lot of this by getting a c/ku feedhorn, but the cband was a shell given to me as scrap. I wanted to put as little as possible in this project to get fta cband dvb.

Whoo Hoo! I'll get to 2000 channels yet!

Thanks anyway fellas!

Using the right switches.

Good setup, but diseqs are bad to leave you with this setup. If you start to have trouble with them you can get some older channel master switches that are less prone to drop a leg

What type of channelmaster switches are you reffering to? Just in case I have problems?

Status
Please reply by conversation.