SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I have:

12 foot BUD
Fortec Receiver
VBox V
Motor (???Jack brand)

Hi Dashaund, I am having a similar problem and I think what happened in my case. It may be the same for you, not sure. I will open a new post for mine but not sure if it is the same as you.

I got a 12 foot dish running with a VBox V and a Viewsat and Fortec receivers. Everything working for months. This is at my in-laws. Then by Father in-law decided he wanted to hide all wires and without asking me he disconnected the cables at the VBox. Got all cables thru a pipe and under ground. The problem is that when I installed it, there was only one color of cables for the motor-Vbox run. So I marked them and I told him not to touch them. Well he forgot and by getting the cables underground he had to add more because it was not reaching to the VBox as before. He ended up them not knowing which cables were the motor -,+ and which cables were the sensor -,+, so he started trying. Since then, the VBox can move the dish (after I helped him figure out which ones were the motor) but now the VBox will not display any numbers. So know I do not know where the satellite is at, 780, 840?? , etc. I need to count by ticks I am know how far one dish is from another but it is a pain. I can not store in memory either as the VBox does not have a clue of the ticks.
My assumption is that he connected the Motor cables into the Sensor and fried them at the motor, but I am not sure if that is possible. I read in the motor mannual that it could.

Is this possible? If he connected the Motor cables into the sensor and the sensor into the Motor at the VBox side, (which I know he did for sure), Could he had fried the sensor and that is why my VBox does not recieve the ticks? can that be fixed? How can I test? Should I buy a new motor?

Thanks for any help?

Yes the reed switch could be cooked. those are pretty light duty. You will need to get another one. they are easy changed. the v box puts out high amperage at the motor terminals. i doubt the switch could stand very much of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)