VBox6 - NEED HELP ASAP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greenguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Home Ground. . .
ok, i got my NEW Vbox 6 hooked it up to receiver (pansat 3500s) and i keep getting this error code (Er2) is a No Pulses code. . .know all i did was remove the wires from my 4dtv receiver and plugged them into the back of the vbox.
if i do try to move it either by the bottons on top, the remote or via the stb it makes the jack jump and stop because its not seein the pulses. . .
i know for the sure ALL the wirin and the jack are good i even plugged them back into the 4dtv and they worked.
i tried usin the vbox as a standalone and the same error. . .tried it with one sensor wire in and both out, same thing.
i got another jack and plugged it up to the vbox, same problem.
i cant seem to find anything online with this problem, im seeni for the vbox II but nothign i see there has worked for me.
maybe a dead unit?

i hope i placed this in the correct section. . .

I've had the same problem with my gbox. I fixed it by removing all four wires and
pluging them all back in. I just had to find the sweat spot. hope you fix it.

i must not be doin it right. . .one guy told me that this morning and for the life of me i was takin out, twistin and puttin back in those wires for the entire morning with no luck what so ever.

is it normal for them to be so difficult to find the 'sweet' spot?

i must not be doin it right. . .one guy told me that this morning and for the life of me i was takin out, twistin and puttin back in those wires for the entire morning with no luck what so ever.

is it normal for them to be so difficult to find the 'sweet' spot?

its not hard to find the sweet spot. simply press the retainer and insert wire. make sure not to insert the wire insulation. verify your hooking the wires up properly. and lastly verify the reed senor is working with a continuity test and moving a magnet over it.

crackt out,.

its not hard to find the sweet spot. simply press the retainer and insert wire. make sure not to insert the wire insulation. verify your hooking the wires up properly. and lastly verify the reed senor is working with a continuity test and moving a magnet over it.

crackt out,.

well its hard on this lil unit. . .

im not insertin the insulator, and i dont believe you can hook up reed swt wires incorrectly. . .plus i also swapped then around and still the same problem. . .

the reed is workin, its this lil unit thats my problem. . .in my above post you will see i said that all i did was remove the wires from my 4dtv receiver and put them in the back of the vbox. . .i also replaced the wires from the vbox to the 4dtv and is works. . .

i dont believe it should be this difficult. . .to much trouble for somethign they could hav built a bit better imo

well you definately have it isolated at the vbox. the only thing i can think of is to shorten the stripped portion of your wires to maybe 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. or to slightly bend the stripped portion in the middle to try and establish a connection.

crackt out,.

well you definately have it isolated at the vbox. the only thing i can think of is to shorten the stripped portion of your wires to maybe 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. or to slightly bend the stripped portion in the middle to try and establish a connection.

crackt out,.

did that too. . .lol lol. . .man im sendin back this unit. . .

Your problem could be one of tons of things. I just hope you didn't hook up the wires wrong and fry your sensor such that it doesn't open and close anymore and thus needs to be replaced.

you should make sure your actuator has a reed sensor (if it's a pot or other style, it won't work with the VBOX).

if you do have a reed sensor, carefully hook up the wires correctly to the cheap spring terminals. I find tinning the wire helps when trying to make good contact with the wire and the spring-loaded terminal connectors.

at some point you may even want to double-check the wire and make sure it hasn't gone bad on you.

I won't even start about the poor manufacturing quality of the board on the inside and the relay solder joints.

Your problem could be one of tons of things. I just hope you didn't hook up the wires wrong and fry your sensor such that it doesn't open and close anymore and thus needs to be replaced.

NO! the wires where hooked up correctly, i also stated that since then i am usin back my original setup and EVERYTHING is workin fine ;)

you should make sure your actuator has a reed sensor (if it's a pot or other style, it won't work with the VBOX).

well i have a von weise 24" jack. . i believe they use reed swt, i stand corrected.

if you do have a reed sensor, carefully hook up the wires correctly to the cheap spring terminals. I find tinning the wire helps when trying to make good contact with the wire and the spring-loaded terminal connectors.

i did this also. . .

at some point you may even want to double-check the wire and make sure it hasn't gone bad on you.

the wire shouldnt be bad. . .everything still works with the 4dtv receiver which imo is more sensitive then the vbox

I won't even start about the poor manufacturing quality of the board on the inside and the relay solder joints.

im not talkin about the enitre unit itself. . .just the part which you also mensioned "the cheap spring terminals"

hope this clears up everything

Back in the days of c band, we checked positioner boxes for correct counting by placeing a 1 foot long or so, wire to the ground terminal and one to the pulse terminal. Holding a wire in each hand, we then tapped " made a broke contact" the wires and had someone else drive the box. If it counted the box was good, if not the box was bad. Also please understand that a 4dtv can take a very wide variation for different speed count motors. Maybe the vbox only takes fast count motors? I know they made slow and fast count motors in the von weise line. drjohn

o man, in readin on the vbox i never seen so much that you hav to look out for. . .not goin good for me this far. . .

how would i know if i had a slow or fast count von?

i have 2 von weise a thomson saginaw and some other 18 incher.

Check for voltage at the sensor terminals or get yourself a 6 volt grain o wheat lamp, put it where the sensors supposed to be connected to. Is there voltage, or glow at all? Yes-continue, if not, unit is bad.
Try manually making pulses with some bared wire, about 2 to 4 per sec. with voltmeter or 6- 6volt grain of wheat lamps wired in series connected to the MOTOR terminals. Got 30+ volts or do the lamps light up? No - unit is bad.
I got a feelin' its the motor power that's failed, and not a sensor problem. With the way stuff gets handled during shipping these days, I wouldn't doubt that some larger parts, or relay solder joints have been broken.

Last edited:
ah ok. . .thanks for that info.

when i get my replacement i will be sure to try these steps if i get the same problem. . .i have already sent back the unit.

can you please explain the bit about you feel its the motor power wires that are failed?

why im askin is because the motor moves. . .or are you sayin that since it cant move the motor fast enught within a given time that code for the pulses will come up?

I misunderstood, thought it didn't move the jack at all.
Ok, if it moved the jack, then stopped with the error, I think it would have failed the first test.
No power to the sensor, therefore the reed sw cannot produce pulses and an error will occur.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts