VBOX7 ? Is it real, or a knock off? It doesn't say VBox7 anywhere!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's workable, I'll measure my relay, and the pinout, and look at the spec. sheet on the replacement for dimensions. Good thing to remember Thanks!

Please don't assume everyone has your level of understanding, as this is NOT simple to me, but I would NOT be doing this if it was simple. That is my short version!
Sorry Tom , your'e right !
My thought , maybe one of the relays pins is bended under the relays and not sticking through the circuit board .
I hoped to see that on your pictures , made some color corrections but unfortunaly not much of details .
If you have a volt meter you can check the 36 V points ( it might be more than 36 V , thats normal )
Are they present at both relays and they are both clicking , it must be a fault relays .
detail 36 v.jpg

Reactions: N6BY
My thought , maybe one of the relays pins is bended under the relays and not sticking through the circuit board .
I hoped to see that on your pictures , made some color corrections but unfortunaly not much of details .
If you have a volt meter you can check the 36 V points ( it might be more than 36 V , thats normal )
Are they present at both relays and they are both clicking , it must be a fault relays .View attachment 108277
Well, unfortunately when I heated the legs on the relay, it layed down flat, so it appears there were no bent legs, but either wasn't seated properly when the board was populated, or it popped up when it went through the wave soldering process. (I assume they do it that way). I've seen parts pop up going through the wave machine I used to operate, but I also made sure that the problems would find there way to rework. But things happen, and it got through. By looking at some of the soldering on the bottom of the board, it almost looks like the board didn't get a good fluxing before it went through. Ya know that look it has when it kind of balls up a bit instead of becoming one with the board. There could be a few places somewhere inside the layers of the board where solder didn't flow everywhere it should have, so who knows. It's like someone said, it's China, so one can only speculate the quality of the environment in which things are processed. We always took great pride in our products, and things like this kind of make you wonder. If one could by a kit version of this board, It would have been great fun for me. I used to by kits, and the place I used to work would let me run them through the wave to save soldering time. Like I said, I don't know all the science, but it it sure fascinating to me, and wish I knew more. But with your help, I will learn more. Thank you for your time and effort, as you are very much appreciated. My dear wife is telling me to keep my chin up, and hang in there and she said she would talk to Santa about getting the Titanium ASC1, but I don't remember if they have a version that does not need the polarity control or not since the C1PLL doesn't need pol. controller. I need to just make due til then it seems... Thank You again for all your help! T

Are they present at both relays and they are both clicking , it must be a fault relays .View attachment 108277
This picture wasn't the greatest picture. It's hard to take a good picture of a circuit board, as there is too much glare to see solder bridges and whatnot!

This picture wasn't the greatest picture. It's hard to take a good picture of a circuit board, as there is too much glare to see solder bridges and whatnot!
I probably should have scanned it for ya instead...

Did you messured both 36 V ?
I haven't got a chance to finish my testing, as I've had some other stuff I've been needing to get done, but I'm going to get to it ASAP. I'll keep ya posted. I sure wish I had all of the proper equipment! Thanks again!

Then there are some of us with all of the proper equipment, but only know how to use 1/2 of the functions... :D
Well, but not all functions are always needed, so not knowing how to use some of them is only due to lack of use... "Hang on, It's been awhile since I used this thing, I need to find the instructions... Now lets see... Where did I put them... Honey.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)