VCII+ keeps losing authorization

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi All,
I have a dsr922 and about a year ago got a retread VCII. It's worked ok for me. I have the NPS AD pkg but that gets me a few analog channels.

Anyhow, I was watching WGN tonight and in the middle of my show it just goes encrypted on me. I've unplugged the 922, and that did nothing but erase my IPG (till tomorrow, of course). I'm going to try a rehit in an hour or so.

This also happened about a month ago too. I think I fixed it with a rehit, and I'll try that in a few minutes.

But why would it just forget my authorizations? Is there a good vendor out there that sells refurbed modules that'll work more than a year?

I have the NPS Absolute Digital Package and I don't think any VCII channels are included with the package. I too can get WGN (among others) at times, and sometimes I can't get it. What I'm getting at here, is maybe there's nothing wrong with your VCII Module? I think WGN comes and goes?

Al

I think the WGN analog is going away soon that might by why it went encrypted.

Just a guess

Wholeshoe

Thanks for the ideas, I'll check some other VC channels....but it's worse now.

I did the 30second unplug trick.

Now all my sats are gone. The thing is erased. I'm going to have to do a master reset and start over.

bummer.

Hi All,
I have a dsr922 and about a year ago got a retread VCII. It's worked ok for me. I have the NPS AD pkg but that gets me a few analog channels.

Anyhow, I was watching WGN tonight and in the middle of my show it just goes encrypted on me. I've unplugged the 922, and that did nothing but erase my IPG (till tomorrow, of course). I'm going to try a rehit in an hour or so.

This also happened about a month ago too. I think I fixed it with a rehit, and I'll try that in a few minutes.

But why would it just forget my authorizations? Is there a good vendor out there that sells refurbed modules that'll work more than a year?

WGN needs a current subscription to any VC-2 channel to operate. I had the same thing happen to me when the monthly keys changed and I had no current VC-2 sub. I ordered the weather channel and WGN worked again.

I don't know how much longer WGN will be around in analog mode anyway. They are in PowerVu on the same transponder but encrypted. A contact I know personally and his company was involved in building WGN's new uplink for digital. They did everything but installing the PowerVu system. Scientific Atlanta came in to do that. It's a small world sometimes:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)