VCII Spam?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
so I'm sitting here watching Starz West on Analog (subbed via NPS) and every time I change the channel I get this message screen at the top-right. the message goes away until I power cycle once I read it.

I check the message and it's telling me to call for free HBO / Cinemax / Showtime for 3 months which I thought smelled a lot like the Dish Network promotion.

I called the number and sure enough it's YSP.

It sucks that they can spam you even when you aren't one of their subs :(.

Shawn

I got the same mesage. I once subbed from them, but only after they bought out HBO Direct. (Now I'm with NPS and I haven't looked back!) I also still get periodic mail from them, but they don't send along those postage-paid envelopes anymore. I guess they got tired of paying the postage when I ripped up their propaganda and stuffed it in their envelopes and mailed it back to them. I was almost to the point of wrapping an old tire and sticking their postage-paid label on it....

Me too

t8erbug said:
I got the same mesage. I once subbed from them, but only after they bought out HBO Direct. (Now I'm with NPS and I haven't looked back!) I also still get periodic mail from them, but they don't send along those postage-paid envelopes anymore. I guess they got tired of paying the postage when I ripped up their propaganda and stuffed it in their envelopes and mailed it back to them. I was almost to the point of wrapping an old tire and sticking their postage-paid label on it....

I am dumping them and going to either Skyvision or NPS in march when my subscription runs out...the spam is annoying! Like the tire idea..or take an old small dish and put a pizza crust with cheese and anchovies in it and send that to them!!
jeff

Shawn95GT said:
so I'm sitting here watching Starz West on Analog (subbed via NPS) and every time I change the channel I get this message screen at the top-right. the message goes away until I power cycle once I read it.

I check the message and it's telling me to call for free HBO / Cinemax / Showtime for 3 months which I thought smelled a lot like the Dish Network promotion.

I called the number and sure enough it's YSP.

It sucks that they can spam you even when you aren't one of their subs :(.

Shawn

Let those scammers waste money on advertising, and just hope more don't fall for there lies and rip offs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts