vcr recording

schule57

Original poster
Oct 19, 2006
Need some help here. I have my JVC vcr/dvd combo hooked up to Dish receiver. Everthing is hooked up correctly. I did the vcr control setup to the receiver using the code and the test worked fine. Now, when I setup a timed recording event is there anything I need to do to the vcr? Do I need to program it also, turn it off, leave it on,etc.....

Thanks for any help

Schule57,

I'm pretty sure all you need to do is set the timer in the Dish receiver to VCR record, and then turn on the VCR. When the time arrives, the Dish receiver figuratively "presses" the record button on the VCR, and when the event completes, the Dish receiver "presses" the stop button, and then the power button. Whatever tape speed setting you have as default (2/4/6 hrs) will remain. If you plan on recording a long show, make sure the VCR is set to SLP. If you plan on recording a Live sporting event, you may want to select a timer for the show slated for after the event in case the event runs long.

Miner

Schule57,

I'm pretty sure all you need to do is set the timer in the Dish receiver to VCR record, and then turn on the VCR. When the time arrives, the Dish receiver figuratively "presses" the record button on the VCR, and when the event completes, the Dish receiver "presses" the stop button, and then the power button. Whatever tape speed setting you have as default (2/4/6 hrs) will remain. If you plan on recording a long show, make sure the VCR is set to SLP. If you plan on recording a Live sporting event, you may want to select a timer for the show slated for after the event in case the event runs long.

Miner

Thanks a bunch

I'll try it out tonight.

Do not turn off the VCR

If you are setting a timer thru' the Dish receiver, please do not turn off the VCR. The timer will simulate the VCR's record/stop button(s), and that's all. The timer does not turn on/off the VCR. Other than that, the Dish's timer works fine.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)