VCR's, remember those things??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MiniTransAm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Just wondering if anyone uses one successfully with their dish network receivers. I've got an old symphonic that I have hooked up by coax cables like the receiver manual says too. I've got the new Vip211. Problem is, it just recorded snow with some kind of line going vertically through it. It was obvious it tried to record from the receiver but it couldn't handle it for some reason. Which is weird because I can use the TV/VCR mode to watch the receiver.

So does anyone use a VCR to record stuff anymore? I'm too much of a cheap skate to get a DVR and besides that I would rarely record stuff anyone. Would just be nice to have every now and then.

My VCR woreks fine with dish! I dub stuff for friends occasionally:)

You are REALLY MISSING THE BOAT NOT HAVING A DVR.

Watching show dog barks phone rings any interruption:(

Pause show or run back and see what you missed. gorgeous gal appears on screen? run back and dream:)

fast forward thru all those time wasting commercials. watch hour show in 45 minutes, start watching before its over.

DVRs rule the world if you ask me!

Sure I remember them. ...rectangular boxes with flashing cool numbers! ;)

I still use mine to dump content to tape for ocassionally loaning to friends and family who've missed an episode of something that they can't live without seeing.

I have mine hooked up to the household antenna feed to which my 622's RF output is modulated and mixed into. This allows me to view or record from any of my 622's, to any tv or VCR in the house. I also have a VCR hooked directly to the receiver by way of S-Video and standard right/left RCA audio cable. I set it to record on either the modulated channel, or the local video input if I require higher quality.

...other than that I like to watch the pretty numbers flash on "12:00", on "12:00", off.... ;)

Regards,
Spence

Yeah stupid me was in such a hurry to get an MPEG4 receiver so I could get ESPN2 in HD. Should have waited and got the new DVR. Now I can't upgrade for 18 months. Unless they would let me upgrade my 322. I don't want to pay the extra fee for the DVR either.

Just wondering if anyone uses one successfully with their dish network receivers. I've got an old symphonic that I have hooked up by coax cables like the receiver manual says too. I've got the new Vip211. Problem is, it just recorded snow with some kind of line going vertically through it. It was obvious it tried to record from the receiver but it couldn't handle it for some reason. Which is weird because I can use the TV/VCR mode to watch the receiver.

So does anyone use a VCR to record stuff anymore? I'm too much of a cheap skate to get a DVR and besides that I would rarely record stuff anyone. Would just be nice to have every now and then.

Oh heck yeah…got 15 of them being used right now between all my receivers :D
I had Dish for 6 years and used VCR’s the whole time.

If you hook it up to coax cables, make sure the VCR is on Channel 3. Preferably use the Audio/Video cables and hook it up that way

Got it to work, guess it didn't like the coax input. Now I don't have to miss any episodes of Deadliest Catch on discovery channel. I work 3rd shift so I miss alot of prime time tv

I've got a DVR625. I hooked the RCA(composite) output from TV2 to my DVD/VCR combo unit. The component out of the DVD/VCR goes to the Video input of my TV so I can save recorded stuff to DVDs.