VDC.com review (initial impressions)

gaarcham

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Yesterday there was a post about wrestling on MavTv, and I love my wrestling!! So I wondered if I was able to watch online. I know ITVN offers this channel, but so far I haven't wanted to buy another box, or be locked into a contract. So I stumbled onto Virtual Digital Cable. http://www.vdc.com

After watching wrestling last night & Ultimate Combat Fighting I was very impressed. I also had the SoundTrack Channel on for a few hours after that, and that was very nice too.

I have a 10Mbps internet connection, so I can not guarantee your performance.

You can stream channels from 75k to 1500k. They have an HD test channel that is streaming at 3000k. I am going to guess and say this is 1280 X 720p. I am coming up with that number because they are using some of the same feed that the Czech Republic is using. I can stream the 3000k no problem.

You can also access the channels with a PDA or cell phone, if you have a data plan on a high speed cellular network.

During wrestling the picture looked very good. Maybe a hair less than tv quality, but better than vcr. This was even during the faster moving parts.

The broadcast must only be seconds behind "live" because shows started at the top of the hour on my clock. Not a few minutes behind like on some players.

The cost is $11.95 per month. Up to you if that's too much. I do not have cable or satellite, so getting MavTv is worth it for now (keep up the wrestling).

These channels are free for everyone, go check them out:
Celebrity Shopping Network
Celebrity Shopping Network 2
ShopNBC
Democracy Now
NASA
Pentagon Channel
HD Demo channel
VDC info channel

These channels you have to pay for:
AP Global News Wire
AP News Raw Live - I'm assuming these 2 are from FTA feeds, but a total guess on my part.
Fashion TV
Resort & Residence
Healthy Living Channel
NetCafe
MavTv - mens tv
Video Game Channel - looks like trailers maybe. Haven't seen any "shows" yet.
Resi Moovie Classics - Old B&W movies
Sound Track Channel - music videos from movies. Covers old to new. And a few shows with trailers & stuff.
World Championship Sports Network - they broadcast a lot of live sports from around world. Easier to see their site at http://www.wcsn.com/
Mens Outdoor & Recreation - I haven't had a chance to watch
iDrive TV - latest news on cars, boats, planes & motorcycles
QVC - everyone knows this

A lot of the channels seem to play infomercials almost non-stop. The pay channels that are of value to me are MavTV, SoundTrack channel, Sports Net and the 2 AP feeds.

I would keep an eye on this company though. They are lobbying to get access to programming as a cable company. I don't think FCC will side with them, but if they make enough waves ya never know.

I checked it out this morning but did not sign up.

The downside is the price. Most of those channels are available for free online, and most of them are free via FTA Satellite.

If it were like $3.99 a month for 10 hours viewing time I would consider signing up. But I can't see paying $13 for the current selection.

VDC is blocking my IP. This makes this service fraudulent. I recommend that everyone stay away from this service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts