Venting.... Sometimes Dish is Frustrating

Before or after they change the guide data causing none of your recordings to fire?
You're talking about TiVo, right? They are the ones who ruined guide data for many providers, including themselves.

Before or after they change the guide data causing none of your recordings to fire?
Tell me about it! Do you realize that Dish currently has no guide data for CW shows in the Cleveland market? The CW shows have already (correctly) been removed from the guide for the former affiliate (WBNX, which is still incorrectly labelled with the CW logo in the guide) while the guide for the new affiliate (WUAB) still lists the syndicated shows they were carrying before they added the CW, and is still labelled with the My Network TV logo in the guide.

Dish has lost 3.25 million subs since Q1 2014 or about 23%.

AT&T/DirecTV has lost 2 million, or about 8% during the same time period. If you look at the peak number of subscribers for AT&T/DirecTV, that happened around Q1 2015. They have lost around 2.47 million or 9% since then.

Dish is clearly on a steeper decline than AT&T. Either way, satellite/cable-style linear TV is slowly dying. It will be interesting to see how things pan out with Sling, DirecTV Now, etc. Moving to a steaming model democratizes the business somewhat in that anyone can theoretically start up a service without too much effort. You don't have to put satellites in orbit or build out a physical network to get started. Of course, it also gives the players way more control over what the consumer sees and real-time insight into what is happening in the business. That will make it easier for them to monetize their customers. That should lead to higher profits (or potentially lower prices...heh, just kidding).

Wow I didn’t know they where bleeding subscribers so bad.

The internet is killing pay television as we know it.

The numbers are going to bottom out at one point.

There is still a market for people who just want to come home and turn on their Tv without having to go through a bunch of Bullsh!t.

It’s nice being able to leave a channel on and to go with it.

I for one if I’m recording a series would prefer to watch whatever episode is playing today then have to pick an episode out of all the seasons

Satellite TV I think will stay around a while. Issue with cutting cord and going to internet only is options. Around here for example you have Comcast and Centurylink or DSL. Comcast being the better of the choices for sure but you hear it all the time that they want to cap you at some point. Well if you are streaming 4K content in the near future constantly then a cap isn't going to work even if its 300+G a month. No caps and no pay as you go internet otherwise cutting the cord will stop fast. If you go back out into the rural area's they are lucky to have any kinda slow DSL at this point, or even stable electric for that matter so Sat TV will always be there till we get off our butts and stop regulating laying of fiber everywhere. You have counties wanting to put it down but then you have land owners get all pissed when you want to lay something under the ground that will never cause them issues like NG pipe lines.... don't even get me started with that nonsense! Stupid people complaining about pipelines under their property but never once offer any options for it to go and will just keep on burning wood or whatever else is dirty and worse than NG. lol crazy (No my yard.... ohh but put it over there in my neighbors!) heh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts