Verizon about to throw some money away behind Windows Phone

I've set up boot camp on a couple Apple laptops. Very easy, works well.

You might need to consider running Win on Apple hw rather than running OSX on Wintel hw.

I've set up boot camp on a couple Apple laptops. Very easy, works well.

You might need to consider running Win on Apple hw rather than running OSX on Wintel hw.

its important to me to have a PC as my desktop computer so i can exchange and upgrade parts as often as i need. besides the fact that WIN7 has been rock solid for me. even better than XP. i had a Imac G5 and once the Hardware was "old" there wasn't much of anything else i could do to it. i upgraded the RAM and HD myself but that was it.

Well, you COULD get a Mac that is like a PC in regards to upgrading hardware other than RAM or the HD, but you will have to look at the Mac Pro, and those machines aren't cheap. :(

"Away" is the correct term, IMHO. But, historically, I'll admit it hasn't been wise to bet against Microsoft - MOST of the time.

"Away" is the correct term, IMHO. But, historically, I'll admit it hasn't been wise to bet against Microsoft - MOST of the time.

Microsoft has more competition this time, and for the first time there's a platform that they aren't the leader of.

It should be interesting though.

its important to me to have a PC as my desktop computer so i can exchange and upgrade parts as often as i need. besides the fact that WIN7 has been rock solid for me. even better than XP. i had a Imac G5 and once the Hardware was "old" there wasn't much of anything else i could do to it. i upgraded the RAM and HD myself but that was it.

There are dual boot solutions in the pC world as well. i hae a dual boot laptop Windows 7 and Ubuntu. It is a bit buggy though. the reason i do not have the Mac OS is that I could not get the wireless to work under that OS.

There are dual boot solutions in the pC world as well. i hae a dual boot laptop Windows 7 and Ubuntu. It is a bit buggy though. the reason i do not have the Mac OS is that I could not get the wireless to work under that OS.

i've tried ubuntu. not bad when you consider its free ;)

Earlier there was discussion about Mac OS on standard rather than Apple specific hardware.

The place that seems to be the definitive resource is the OS X86 Project.

I'm not sure about the legality of the endeavor but it is very interesting.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds fair, to each his own. No, I'm not going to be one of those "how can you not like (mobile OS platform) over (another mobile OS platform) - it's sooo much smoother & easier to use" kind of people, but to say it sucks is kinda strong. I've owned iOS/Android handsets and even though I currently own a WP7.5 handset, I don't think the other two platforms "suck", I have just come to the conclusion that, for my needs, WP7.5 is just a better, more cohesive mobile OS - again, just my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions). I know people who still prefer BB to everything else.

LOL - I have no idea what the topic is anymore :D ;)

Something about money being thrown away?
Why you abuser of mod power you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

That is not the title I orignally put:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Sounds fair, to each his own. No, I'm not going to be one of those "how can you not like (mobile OS platform) over (another mobile OS platform) - it's sooo much smoother & easier to use" kind of people, but to say it sucks is kinda strong. I've owned iOS/Android handsets and even though I currently own a WP7.5 handset, I don't think the other two platforms "suck", I have just come to the conclusion that, for my needs, WP7.5 is just a better, more cohesive mobile OS - again, just my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions). I know people who still prefer BB to everything else.

I can agree with this. I dont think android sucks by any means. I have had numerous droid handsets and enjoyed them all. I even enjoyed my blackberry (at the time), aside from the 15 minute (not much of an exagerration ) boot times.

Just for my personall preference, with the versions out now that I have experienced, iOS and WP7/7.5 are the two best suited for my needs, and while I have the Iphone 4s now, I had a WP7 handset right before, and seriously considered going that route again when we swapped to Verizon.

All options will be on the table when I upgrade again.

Edit: I sold my wp7 to my sister when I changed providers and she LOVES it.

rockymtnhigh said:
They are doing it with app developers, why not with carriers too? Makes total sense. Can't compete on your own, so we'll try to buy access to the market. :)

Apple has done that for years. There was a time when the only computers in schools were MACs even though they were less than 5% of the market at that time. Their thinking was to get the young ones used to MAC OS hoping they would buy them after they graduated.

Didn't really work, but I understand why they thought it might.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)