Verizon Broadband Service Scores Win in 2009 PCMag.com Readers' Survey

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Verizon FiOS Snags 'Readers' Choice' Honor for Fourth Consecutive Year; Outguns Cable Companies

Source

PCMag.com readers are again giving high praise to Verizon’s fast, reliable and value-packed FiOS Internet service.

For the fourth consecutive year, the online magazine’s Readers’ Choice award goes to Verizon FiOS Internet -- and it’s the third consecutive year that FiOS has finished at the top of the Web site’s annual Internet Service Provider (ISP) Service and Reliability Survey (ISPs Ratings | Service & Reliability Survey 2009 - News and Analysis by PC Magazine).

In recapping the survey, PCMag.com states: "Obviously, if you want the very best experience you can have going online, you want fiber to the home. FiOS’s score always puts other connection methods to shame. If you can get that super-speed hook-up, you’ll fall in love with the Internet all over again."

FiOS Internet scored 8.7 out of 10 in its overall rating -- well above its closest cable rival. It also led all competitors in scores for initial setup, speed, reliability, e-mail, technical support, repairs and likelihood to recommend.

In addition to the Readers’ Choice Award, Verizon FiOS grabbed its fourth consecutive top rating in the category for Internet speed, and its third consecutive win in the category for reliability.

Notably, Verizon’s FiOS Internet topped all cable companies when it came to needing the fewest repairs. Of the survey’s respondents with FiOS Internet service, 10 percent reported they needed repairs. By contrast, from 22 percent to 28 percent of the respondents with Internet service from the five major cable companies reported they needed repairs. This category of the survey reflects product reliability and durability.

"When it comes to overall service, reliability and value, Verizon broadband is the smart choice over old-fashioned cable," said Michael Ritter, Verizon chief marketing officer for consumer wireline and business services. "We’re thrilled to see the high ratings that PCMag.com’s broadband-savvy readers have given our FiOS Internet service. From installation to product development to customer service and beyond, everyone at Verizon is focused on continuing to earn these kinds of accolades by delivering superior online experiences and backing them with excellent service."

Full Story

*Dedicated to Bob and all his FiOS FUD

Verizon’s FiOS Internet topped all cable companies when it came to needing the fewest repairs. Of the survey’s respondents with FiOS Internet service, 10 percent reported they needed repairs. By contrast, from 22 percent to 28 percent of the respondents with Internet service from the five major cable companies reported they needed repairs. This category of the survey reflects product reliability and durability.

That is exactly what I keep telling people. Cox can brag about their customer service, but if you rarely need it, then what does it matter? I had to call Cox for repairs 3 times within the first 72 hours of service. Then it was approx. once per month for dropped internet and bad TV signals. All companies have faults, so I require reliable service over anything else.

That is exactly what I keep telling people. Cox can brag about their customer service, but if you rarely need it, then what does it matter? I had to call Cox for repairs 3 times within the first 72 hours of service. Then it was approx. once per month for dropped internet and bad TV signals. All companies have faults, so I require reliable service over anything else.
Another plus is having Verizon phone service. Being a Telco, Verizon is required to comply with federally mandated incident/escallation procedures should the phone service fail - Comcast and Cox do not have to comply with these service or quality standards.

Anyway, we're not going on 22-months without one single interuption our services: TV, phone and Internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)