Verizon FiOS coming to Moreno Valley CA... in 3 years!

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
Here is a quote from our city newsletter "City Link":

VERIZON INSTALLS FIOS

Verizon is building an all-fiber-optic network directly to homes and has started construction in Moreno Valley. The network uses hair-thin strands of fiber and optical electronics to directly link customers to Verizon's network and replaces the traditional copper-wire connections to deliver voice, high-speed internet, and TV under Verizon's FiOS brand.

Verizon work crews began fiber construction on the west side of Moreno Valley in July, and will move eastward as the project progresses. Verizon will notify residents living in a construction area 48 hours before work begins by placing notices throughout the neighborhood. Construction - which may include underground boring, placing additional cables on existing telephone poles and placement of distribution boxes - will take place from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays. Streets will remain open to traffic during construction. Verizon will coordinate construction with the City's plans to repave streets in the community to minimize disruption and avoid digging up new asphalt. Verizon expects to finish the Moreno Valley project in three years. Residents who have questions about the construction project can call 877.825.7600.

So is this the norm, or is Moreno Valley stalling? We are a smallish city, with a population of about 240,000. How long does a buildout usually take?

I'm in Lake Elsinore and about 5-6 months ago Verizon came to my street and installed the main distribution box for my street in my front yard and all the distribution for each house. The guys told me I would have FIOS in about 30-60 days.

Weellllllllllllllllll............I'm still waiting. They are working in the neighborhood on the other side of my area and have been there for a while now. Don't know what the hold up is.

From what I've been reading, Verizon will be in many areas around you in the next 2-3 years.

I just found out that FiOS is now available in some neighborhoods on the west side of town. I guess I shouldn't complain... my street appears to be in phase 2 which, from what I hear, will be complete by next summer. Those on the south end of town will likely have to wait until the very end of the process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)