verizon fios tv (keller tx) tv listings from yahoo

Are the channels below 100 "analog" channels in that you don't need a set top box to receive them or is that just for the local channels which are below 30?

i am not sure, but i know all channels are digital if connected to a set top box. i don't think there was a bunch of channels to be made available for analog.

yanks2402 said:
Are the channels below 100 "analog" channels in that you don't need a set top box to receive them or is that just for the local channels which are below 30?

Televisons can receive up to channel 125 on the analog cable tuner built into most televisons. If this is the case with Verizon FIOS, then you should receive up to that channel.

When I look on the FIOS TV listings PDF file that is out on the internet, they list the basic channels as up through 49, with channel 50 starting the expanded basic.

FIOS TV Rates (Keller, TX):

http://newscenter.verizon.com/kit/fiber/rate_card_keller.pdf

FIOS TV Channel Packages (Keller, TX):

http://newscenter.verizon.com/kit/fiber/lineup_keller.ppt

RScottyL said:
Televisons can receive up to channel 125 on the analog cable tuner built into most televisons. If this is the case with Verizon FIOS, then you should receive up to that channel.

When I look on the FIOS TV listings PDF file that is out on the internet, they list the basic channels as up through 49, with channel 50 starting the expanded basic.

Verizon will only offer about 25 channels without the need for a box but they do plan at some point after they get going to increase those offerings. Just keep in mind that the more analog channels they offer the less overall bandwidth they will have for other things. Also even those 25 or so channels are in digital for customers with a digital box. Even though the analog picture quality will be very very good the boxes are much cheaper without having an analog tuner in them so that is why they will have those channels in digital for customers with a digital box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)