verizon fios tv question

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
do they require any up front fees for receivers / decodiong boxes and dvrs?

I am getting verizon fibre at end of month, tv isnt available YET, but I am attempting to compare sat with this offering.

sat is going lease only with up front fees plus lease fees:(

Bob Haller said:
do they require any up front fees for receivers / decodiong boxes and dvrs?
I am getting verizon fibre at end of month, tv isnt available YET, but I am attempting to compare sat with this offering.
sat is going lease only with up front fees plus lease fees:(

Verizon box prices are as follows.

Basic digital box is 3.95/month.
HD box (non DVR) is 9.95/month and this includes the HD channels.
HD DVR box is 12.95/month and this also includes the HD channels.

Verizon doesn't offer an SD DVR box because they will just give you an HD DVR at the prices above. They feel its best to not have to buy both SD and HD DVR boxes when they feel that those customers are highly likely to upgrade to HDTV soon enough.

Verizon doesn't charge anything extra like DVR fees so the 12.95/month fee is what you pay for the box nothing less and nothing more.

Verizon doesn't charge anything upfront so all you would pay are those fees above. So no upfront cost is the simple answer.

LonghornXP, can you confirm (or deny) whether or not any receiver is included in the base $40 package pricing? I've heard conflicting information that a basic receiver was included in that price, and also that it is not.

cdru said:
LonghornXP, can you confirm (or deny) whether or not any receiver is included in the base $40 package pricing? I've heard conflicting information that a basic receiver was included in that price, and also that it is not.

Okay I have gotten this question often enough that I've called and asked. Some areas have been offering both discounts while other areas haven't. Even in the same area some get it and some don't. So with that said this is what everyone can get no matter what.

You can get either a free basic digital box or 5 bucks a month off Expanded Basic or 5 bucks a month off the Movie and Sports combo (which costs 15.00/month.

Now if your lucky some people have been getting both the free digital box "and" 5 bucks a month off the Movie/Sports Pak or Expanded Basic.

I know this doesn't help you but I've been told that if you ask for both you most likely would get both. Don't quote me on this but that is what I'm being told. That is why we have been getting conflicting reports on this.

Thanks for the reply. This is the way that I would have presumed it worked. Either include one basic receiver in the base price, or give a credit if you opt for a better receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts