Verizon HTC Droid Incredible

Phone looks intriguing. Here's a round-up of some more reviews:
http://phandroid.com/2010/04/19/droid-incredible-reviews-are-storming-in-round-up/

I'll wait until some firmware updates come out and squash some bugs before I seriously consider this phone.

One funny/annoying thing is that because of the name, everything that refers to the phone make it seem greater than it is, like, "Incredible Unboxing", "Incredible Camera," "Incredible hands-on," "Incredible Performance"... etc etc..

Fixed the thread title, since the phone's official name is Verizon Droid Incredible.

Look forward to your review. Phone looks interesting; I just wish it was 1) root-able; and 2) capable of having the senseUI banished. :)

What don't you like about Sense UI?

I don't like how it wastes screen real-estate with the phone button on the bottom of the screen; I don't like how it tries to go over-board with the use of widgets - kind of dumbing down the interface to make it pretty; too much like the Palm Pre.

I see why they might do that; but I think Android has so much going for it on its own, that to be locked into the SenseUI interface would really be limiting. I do like the clock (and have - but don't currently use) the Beautiful widgets version of it), but it does take up a lot of screen space.

Its like the Incredible is the Moto Droid's big sister all dressed up, yet nowhere as customizable.

Why is the phone not rootable? I haven't heard of Android phone that hasnt been cracked yet. HTC devices are usually done very quickly.

This phone will be rooted in two weeks IMO.

I am now wondering if I should have waited. At the time of my Droid purchase, I did it for the Physical Keyboard. however, since getting it 3 months ago I have used the Physical Keyboard 3 times not counting use when rooting and flashing.

As for Sense UI, I am right there with you. Sense UI is one thing users want gone from all HTC device as it can become an issue on operation.

Fixed the thread title, since the phone's official name is Verizon Droid Incredible.

Look forward to your review. Phone looks interesting; I just wish it was 1) root-able; and 2) capable of having the senseUI banished. :)
1) I pretty sure this thing will be rooted in the not too distant future.
2) I've seen people with HTC devices talk about being able to just turn off SenseUI in the settings of the phone. Although, Sense is one of the reasons I'm ordering the Incredible. :up

I was actually impressed with the Sense UI when I had the Hero. It was one of the main things I liked about the phone.

Its like the Incredible is the Moto Droid's big sister all dressed up, yet nowhere as customizable.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. What can you do on the Droid that you can't do on the Incredible? Other then type on a physical keyboard of course. ;)

As I understand it, SenseUI is just an HTC app that runs on top of vanilla AndroidOS that can just be turned off if you don't like it.

think of it as jailbreaking an Iphone. Unless I am totally off, it is basically the same thing, different name.

Android is the Linux-based smartphone operating system from Google.
In its virgin form it comes only on the Nexus One.

When a carrier uses it, restrictions are incorporated to limit what customers can do with it.
To lift these limits you need to get root access, administrator access in Unix-speak. Hence - rooted.

Look at it as MacOS build on top of BSD: the later is completely open, the former - not.

DIogen.

When a carrier uses it, restrictions are incorporated to limit what customers can do with it.
To lift these limits you need to get root access, administrator access in Unix-speak. Hence - rooted.

Look at it as MacOS build on top of BSD: the later is completely open, the former - not.

DIogen.

Yeah, that is what I meant. Sorry, I was gone all day. :)

If you can make SenseUI completely go away, then great. Makes it even better.

Now maybe because it is running 2.1, it will be easier to root. Who knows.

DIogen.

Yeah, what he said. :tux:

I now work for Verizon Wireless and we received the live phone on Thursday and I am here to tell you it's INCREDIBLE......the touch screen is VERY accurate it kind of looks like a hTC Imagio but a lot lighter and the speed is just great...I took a picture and it's very very nice. I can't wait to be able to sell the product. I should be getting one in the next day or so as well

The wife's new every 2 is here. Was holding out to see if the iphone would show up on Verizon. She saw this one and wants it. She didn't care for the Droid flat keyboard. Looks like the Incredible will be her next phone.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)