Verizon lost my order!!!! No install today!

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
My appt for today was missed by Verizon. I called and they didn't have any record of the order, even though I had a confirmation and order numbers. Nothing in their system. NOTHING.

So, very mad I called. Told them I took off half a day, moved a dr. appt, etc (all true), how could they lose a confirmed order, blah, blah.

The lady on the other end was definitely intimidated, sounded about 21.

This is that she gave me:
5 month credit ($600) on my bill!
20/5 internet for 10/2 prices forever ($10 savings/month)
Free DVR for life of account (!!)
$20/month credit on the MOVIE package FOREVER ($30-$20=$10 for all movie channels!)

And expedited installation, this Friday, instead of today.

I was so excited, I asked her to send me the acct breakdown, promo and permanent, and order status to prove it is in their system.

It is all there, in black and white.

I am ONE HAPPY CAMPER.

So, I walked away one happy camper!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My appt for today was missed by Verizon. I called and they didn't have any record of the order, even though I had a confirmation and order numbers. Nothing in their system. NOTHING.

So, very mad I called. Told them I took off half a day, moved a dr. appt, etc (all true), how could they lose a confirmed order, blah, blah.

The lady on the other end was definitely intimidated, sounded about 21.

This is that she gave me:
5 month credit ($600) on my bill!
20/5 internet for 10/2 prices forever ($10 savings/month)
Free DVR for life of account (!!)
$20/month credit on the MOVIE package FOREVER ($30-$20=$10 for all movie channels!)

And expedited installation, this Friday, instead of today.

I was so excited, I asked her to send me the acct breakdown, promo and permanent, and order status to prove it is in their system.

It is all there, in black and white.

I am ONE HAPPY CAMPER.

So, I walked away one happy camper!!!

Don't believe any of that. They screwed my order up and I was promised the world also. I didn't get 1/3 of the stuff.

Update....

Finally got FIOS installed and my first bill came out, and yes, all the discounts
they said are on the bill.

Update 2---

I called them on Veteran's day. Heard M-cards are available at Fios now, saving $7.98 for 2 cards per month (I have 2 tivos).

Since it was a holiday, I got a supervisor, who told me he checked, they won't get them for 6 months, but took my order number down and will give me a $7.98 credit per month for 2 cards for a full year "since he can't charge me in good conscience for something they can fix". Then he went further. He said he would keep my account on his 'active monitor' and said call in 6 months. When M-cards come out, call in a service call to replace the S-cards. Then call him, and he will credit the service truck roll charge for me!!!!

I am sooooo happy I left ComCraptic!!!

1 month later....

Bill still showing all applied discounts plus the 2 'free' s-cards' as promised.

No drops on my internet connection, perfect tv.

I just switched over to RJ45 connection to the ONT, from the COAX connection

With this setup, I can now retire their actiontec router and use my own.

I should have Fios in about a month. I will use them for land line and internet, but not video. I presume the ONT will be placed on the garage, where the current phone line and power comes in. My wired home network terminates in the laundry room, next to the garage, and is where, of course, the current cable modem, router and patch panel are.

I figure they'll only connect inside on the outside garage wall. I plan to run RJ-45 cat 6 from the current router location to this expected spot, thru the garage ceiling. Gonna be a bit iffy with fish tape, may need to open the ceiling again. Should I also run a coax strand? Any other comments/recommendations?

If I ever left Dish and went with Fios, I'd have to run coax from the ONT into the attic, second floor up, and distribute from where the Dish comes thru now. Hope to never have to do that.

1 month later....

Bill still showing all applied discounts plus the 2 'free' s-cards' as promised.

No drops on my internet connection, perfect tv.

I just switched over to RJ45 connection to the ONT, from the COAX connection

With this setup, I can now retire their actiontec router and use my own.
Congrats...with the exception of the ordering and billing system issues, our FiOS experience has been pure joy: best picture quality, fastest/most reliable Internet, polite/professional customer services, phone always works (although we don't really need landline), and the Triple Play is a great deal. FiOS is not perfect, but they are by far the best provider we've had to date. We had Adelphia/Comcast Internet for more than 7-years because they were the only broadband provider available...most troublesome service imaginable! Now, if Verizon can only improve their HD DVR and roll-out the M-Card.

I should have Fios in about a month. I will use them for land line and internet, but not video. I presume the ONT will be placed on the garage, where the current phone line and power comes in. My wired home network terminates in the laundry room, next to the garage, and is where, of course, the current cable modem, router and patch panel are.

I figure they'll only connect inside on the outside garage wall. I plan to run RJ-45 cat 6 from the current router location to this expected spot, thru the garage ceiling. Gonna be a bit iffy with fish tape, may need to open the ceiling again. Should I also run a coax strand? Any other comments/recommendations?

If I ever left Dish and went with Fios, I'd have to run coax from the ONT into the attic, second floor up, and distribute from where the Dish comes thru now. Hope to never have to do that.
When we had our install back in April, they placed the ONT inside of the garage and ran installed the router in our bedroom closet (central wiring closet).

They need to put the battery backup INSIDE your heated part of the house near the outside ONT.

They drilled a hole into the house and placed a battery system behind a cabinet. The 2 guys actually took a picture of the cabinet, took out all the china, moved the cabinet, put in their device, put itall back and replaced the china according to the picture! I was absolutely flabbergasted at that!

I also suggest you rub RJ45 from your network 'plant' to the place they will put the ONT.

RJ45 instead of Coax/moca to the actiontech router lets you change out their router since it has such a small NAT table. If the line is run, they will use it if asked, if not, they won't run it, and will use COAX to your actiontech router instead.

They need to put the battery backup INSIDE your heated part of the house near the outside ONT.

They drilled a hole into the house and placed a battery system behind a cabinet. The 2 guys actually took a picture of the cabinet, took out all the china, moved the cabinet, put in their device, put itall back and replaced the china according to the picture! I was absolutely flabbergasted at that!

I also suggest you rub RJ45 from your network 'plant' to the place they will put the ONT.

RJ45 instead of Coax/moca to the actiontech router lets you change out their router since it has such a small NAT table. If the line is run, they will use it if asked, if not, they won't run it, and will use COAX to your actiontech router instead.

You do know your receiver/widgets.guide data comes via actiontec/moca.

You do know your receiver/widgets.guide data comes via actiontec/moca.

Yes, there are instructions for putting your own router in place of the actiontech, but leave the actiontech as a bridge to the Moca stuff for the DVR's, STB and 6200 STB

I switched this out using the instructions last night. The Netgear now talks to the ONT over RJ45 to it's WAN port and got a public address from the ONT and internally showing as 192.168.1.1. The ONT connects to the Actiontech using moca/coax and a LAN port on my Netgear talks to the Ethernet WAN port on the Actiontech, now with address 192.168.1.2

This all works fine, my 6200 STB sees the DVR and VOD without problem, and my NAT problems went away, and I can VNC into my home server without problem. Problems which I had with the actiontech and a p2p program running on my network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)