verizon promo

I have never heard of having to change rate plans just because you buy a new phone.

I have never heard of having to change rate plans just because you buy a new phone.

you dont have to unless you add a smartphone
but 3rd party retailers have to sign up for a standard plan, they have no access to promo plans
my promo has the data for each phone in the price
110 for line 1, 19.99 for line 2
under third party i would be back to my original plan
79.99 + data + text line 1
9.99 + data + text for line 2
so i spend a little more now, but save alot more over time

That's not what is being alluded to. Amazon often has pretty good deals but they can't offer this promotion that is being discussed. So, to get Amazon's deal, you have to 1) re-up your contract and 2) be on a standard, published plan.

SO, with the plethora of new Verizon LTE phones coming out this spring and summer, I bet that our sweet little promo will go by the wayside. My gut says the second we buy a LTE phone, they will insist we are on the 4G package and not the 3G unlimited package, and when that happens, say goodbye to the promo. :( While I really look forward to a dual core Tegra processor with 1GB of ram on my Droid, I just do not look forward to the end of unlimited data plans. In that sense, CES 2011 has been less of an exciting time to see what is coming next than one where I say "well.... better enjoy what we have (in terms of unlimited data) while we have it. :)

That said, the BIONIC looks like a mighty fine phone.

SO, with the plethora of new Verizon LTE phones coming out this spring and summer, I bet that our sweet little promo will go by the wayside. My gut says the second we buy a LTE phone, they will insist we are on the 4G package and not the 3G unlimited package, and when that happens, say goodbye to the promo. :( While I really look forward to a dual core Tegra processor with 1GB of ram on my Droid, I just do not look forward to the end of unlimited data plans. In that sense, CES 2011 has been less of an exciting time to see what is coming next than one where I say "well.... better enjoy what we have (in terms of unlimited data) while we have it. :)

Totally agree with everything said! I want dual core front camera and vanilla but we all know that's not going to happen! I also love my unlimited promo!

Totally agree with everything said! I want dual core front camera and vanilla but we all know that's not going to happen! I also love my unlimited promo!

With three data plans, I am more than concerned about this costing me an additional $60 or $70 per month. Granted, its not for at least six months until I have a new every two, but still, the writing is definitely on the wall.

With three data plans, I am more than concerned about this costing me an additional $60 or $70 per month. Granted, its not for at least six months until I have a new every two, but still, the writing is definitely on the wall.

ummm save that ne2 until you really want to use it. its the last one ever
as of jan 16th there will be no more

As I understand it, it only applies to new customers / contracts. They don't want to give away iPhones real cheap in the future. :)

rockymtnhigh said:

I think it will be similar to Sprint or just like adding tethering. Unlimited data on 3G isn't going to the cap other companies have so VZW doesn't need this. I do see them offering special plans to force people off of old ones.

I guess many of these questions will be answered Tuesday after the press event.

it wil be after jan 16

heres a link
Verizon Wireless nixing early upgrades and New Every Two program? -- Engadget

its been all over da web lately
verizon forums are lit up with it

Not sure how I missed it. But its a bummer. And dumb on their part. They want to keep customers happy, let them pay $200 for a new phone once a year - heck they charge them $300 and then only get the rebate if they submit it. We live in a world where phones are changing dramatically within a year, to lock people into two years on a device is b.s. Particularly considering the crazy monthly charges most of us are paying.

Not sure how I missed it. But its a bummer. And dumb on their part. They want to keep customers happy, let them pay $200 for a new phone once a year - heck they charge them $300 and then only get the rebate if they submit it. We live in a world where phones are changing dramatically within a year, to lock people into two years on a device is b.s. Particularly considering the crazy monthly charges most of us are paying.

you can still do a 1yr contract and pay a bit more every year. or go full price whenever. alot of guys on the android forums do this and sell thier old phone on ebay

mdram said:
or anyone that upgrades. they will not be enrolling anyone in ne2 after 1/16/11.
There's often no need to upgrade though. Verizon, unlike Dish, allows people to keep their old, old plans forever... Vzw has introduced 2 new plans since we switched to them. They suggest I should "upgrade" but there's zero advantage for us to do so.

Update/confirmation regarding "New Every Two":
Verizon officials have confirmed what SmartMoney was told by Verizon sales reps at a number of stores around the country: The company is ending its popular "New Every Two" program...

As of Jan. 16, the company will stop offering the credit to new customers and won't re-enroll current customers in the program after their next New Every Two upgrade.

I don't see any way that this is beneficial to Verizon. I have read that the MTBF on these phones is 18-20 months. By having them break before the contract is expired, Verizon has a captive audience. If they force them to limp along until end of contract on a broken phone, there is no loyalty and a bit of bad feelings.

We live in a world where phones are changing dramatically within a year, to lock people into two years on a device is b.s.

Ya see? If you had an iphone you wouldn't see much change in 2 years. But, you insist on one of those Android phones that becomes obsolete every 3 weeks. That's your choice. Heck I prefer a Windows Mobile phone and it is good to go for 4 years or more before there is any improvement. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)