Verizon using Garbage Bags to Repair Telephone Lines

chek_ya_self

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Apparently Verizon is neglecting their copper wires to push FIOS. This customer's parents have FIOS up and running on their street and refuse to switch. Their copper wires were damaged in a storm and Verizon fixed them with garbage bags. Months have gone by and the garbage bags are still up, even after calling Verizon.

Is this Verizon's new policy to not repair the copper wires in FIOS areas? It doesn't sound right if that is their policy. Unless they announce they plan to turn off the copper in the area on a certain date, they should be maintaining the wires.

Click here for story...

ahh slickers:( Had a experience with them perhaps 20 years ago:(

Every rain brought phone failure, my grandma was on life support, phone service critical.

I finally threatened to get the media involved, so they ran new lines.

DONT believe FIOS PHONE will be dependable either, it took months to get bad intermittent problem effecting 750 all the fios customers in our CO.

after calling every day for 2 weeks and esclating complaint to presidents office it was found and fixed in 20 minutes by techs in hampton roads va and texas with me on the phone here.

stick with copper if at all possible, they wouldnt let you go back to copper, once fibre always fibre

Sounds like the story online I saw where there was a garbage bag over some copper line around the Charleston, WV area.

I work for Verizon and I can tell you that the reason they use those black bags is to keep the splice dry and somewhat secure from animals such as birds nesting in open cases. It will be replaced eventually, probably the next outage they have in your area. But yes, VZ is making sure Fios gets preferred treatment.

"stick with copper if at all possible, they wouldnt let you go back to copper, once fibre always fibre"

- Sure they will. You can now have the tech leave the copper drop to your house so you can make the switch back at anytime. Get your facts together before posting nonsense....btw, it's FIBER.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts