Verizon (UTStarcom) XV6700 has arrived!

Here is the hack to enable Wifi and the phone at the same time.

It also contains the hack which turns you phone into a modem as well as the cell phone modem driver for windows. (And you can use the phone as a modem over Bluetooth or the USB cable) :)

Scott, I have the phone as a modem working, but i Have no clue as to how to make this work on the WIFI side of things. Can explain what i need to do to make this hack work?

The wifi hack is to allow you to use wifi and phone at the same time. In the stock system you had to shut down the phone to use wifi. I think Verizon did this because with all three tranceivers working and the screen lit up, you had a fast battery drain.

It does NOT turn the XV6700 into a wireless DHCP router. I thought the hack to use the XV6700 as a modem for your laptop, used the bluetooth connection, or the USB port. Can't recall. I don't use that here.
In fact, I did the hack for WIFI on manually in the registry file. Pretty easy when you know where the switch is located.

my wife killed my 6700 today ( I cant be mad at her.) she spilled her oil scent thing on my phone, and the front is non responsive, I am currently using a treo with windows, but really miss my 6700 I might have to upgade to the 6800 soon, too bad as I just bought this phone about a month ago!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)