Verizon (UTStarcom) XV6700 has arrived!

I've gone through a BUNCH of the Seidio ones for my 6700. I keep losing them :(.

I need to find a way to make them harder to fall out, but still come out.

LER

I've gone through a BUNCH of the Seidio ones for my 6700. I keep losing them :(.

I need to find a way to make them harder to fall out, but still come out.

LER

Easy fix.

Slighly bend the stylus in the middle (press your two thumbs hard in the center just so it bends a little bit)

I was losing them left and right (and these are the ones with the pens built in) and by bending it slightly totally stopped me from losing them and caused no harm to the pen. :)

Got mine from Cosia.com. $18.99 for 3 pack.

Sorry for forgetting the link. Mine snap in place, makes them a bit harder to get out but I don't see how these would fall out.

I am having a strange problem with my phone. When I go to work my phone stops receiving phone calls until it rings on the 4th ring. Then when I go to pick it up I don't get anything and it goes to my voicemail. If I remove the battery and put it back in, that clears up the problem but I don't want to have to do that everyday. I travel 74 miles to work everyday. My old phone didn't have any problems. My service is Alltel by the way.

if you had verizon I would say update your phone-is their anyways to update it so it has all the new towers and things in the area ramy? with verizon its *228 option 2 to update your roaming and phone.

if you had verizon I would say update your phone-is their anyways to update it so it has all the new towers and things in the area ramy? with verizon its *228 option 2 to update your roaming and phone.

I just called Alltel and theirs is the same *228 option 2. Do I have to do that all the time? or just once?

every once in a while about once every two months, try it and see if that helps, I know my phone had similiar issues and that fixed it, that is the only thing I could think of, hope it helps :)

Looks like my 6700 has a dead USB/Sync/Charge port. Sprint ordered a replacement, so I'll get a new one in a day or 3.

What a pain to remove the battery to charge it :(

LER

Looks like my 6700 has a dead USB/Sync/Charge port. Sprint ordered a replacement, so I'll get a new one in a day or 3.

What a pain to remove the battery to charge it :(

LER

A replacement port? How do they install that?

At least the 6700 comes with a cradle to charge it. The 6800 does not come with any kind of cradle.

Scott- is the battery in the 6800 the same as the 6700? I know the base of the 6800 is different so the 6800 will not fit in the old 6700 charger base.

I have two charging bases one here in the office and another I carry in my mobile office bag. I always liked the idea that the older 6700 had a way to charge two at the same time. Phone + battery. Plus it works for the two size batteries as well whether mounted or separate.

I must say that with all these feature downgrades, I may just put off the 6800 until the price makes it worthwhile.

My 6700 is working like a champ. I just have to reboot it 2x per day and it does fine. I have so much loaded on it it runs with 2megs of storage now. BUT, it runs!

Last edited:
No the battery is not the same in the 6800.

I am guessing you meant to say your 6700 is working like a champ. :)

I love the 6800, I have not had the phone ring and go to answer the phone to have it lock up on me like use to happen on the 6700 all the time.

I also can't remember the last time I rebooted it.

I do need an extended battery though, when I have Bluetooth on the battery does not last the entire day.

My big problem with the 6700 is that when I go to answer the phone it doesn't connect to answer. On my end it only rings once and the person calling says it rings 4 or 5 times.

Right Scott, meant to say 6700.

ramy- I have a similar issue but it is due to me having my office number auto transfer the call to the cell phone. People say it rings 4-5 times. Then I have voice command and need to listen for an announcement as to whom it is before I answer.

People who call directly get through with 1 t0 2 rings. I never had it lock up and can't answer.

What does happen on mine is every so often I pull it out and the brightness is on 0. I tghen need to hold it in bright light as I crank it back up. I've reported this to UT Starcom tech support and the best they have it that they have several reports on this but don't know what causes it.

Scott- It sure sounds like the 6800 has some serious loss of usability for me. Concerned I won't be happy with it. Maybe I need to wait for a 6900 or an iphone 2 that works with Verizon.

BTW- I had some issues with my Dell EVDO laptop not staying connected and a nice lady at Verizion figured it out for me. I had my wife's VPN loaded and needed to disable it. With the VPN as long as we log in it works. The Verizon lady discovered it in my "Network connections page"
Also, I learned that Verizon has increased it's speed on many of the base locations to 1500 kbps and upload to 300 kbps. This requires an EVDO A standard card which are the internals.
Also on my recent road trip around the state of Florida, I had EVDO everywhere except the Everglades and there is was just 1RXTT speed.

They replace the unit :)

LER

They get to replace it a 2nd time. This first replacement has at least 3 dead keys on the keyboard (red dot shift, M, and D).

You'd think they'd test the refurbs...........

(also got a "qc survey" call tonite, they got slammed).

LER

I think I finally found out what my problem was and fixed it. What was happening with my phone was it was going into sleep mode after 3 minutes and when it would try to wake up when a call would come in, it would take a while. I have turned that off and now it gets the call on the first ring everytime. The battery life might suffer, but at least I am able to get calls now.

They get to replace it a 2nd time. This first replacement has at least 3 dead keys on the keyboard (red dot shift, M, and D).

You'd think they'd test the refurbs...........

(also got a "qc survey" call tonite, they got slammed).

LER

My wife had continued problems with her Treo where the microphone would be intermittent. She could hear others calling but sometimes no one could hear here. Other times it would work fine. We sent the phone back to the insurance claim (out of warranty) 3 times and kept getting a phone with same problem. Finally Verizon gave her a recent Brand new made model that likely had the problem fixed.

What it turns out to be is a model wide problem with Treo's. Therefore almost all the ones sent in for exchange due to the mic problem ended up being sent back out to people who had the same problem. That's the trouble with refurbs, all they do is clean them up and make sure they turn on. No real checkout for the complaint made on it. The people at Verizon and the insurance company said the same thing.

I am hearing that tommorow you can upgrade your 6700 from Windows Mobile 5 to Windows Mobile 6. :)

Not sure it adds much, but it is an upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)