Verizon's Fios TV website updated

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was in the Staten Island Mall in NY the other day and they had a Fios booth set up to surf the net. I asked the rep when Fios tv was coming to the area...they said not until the last quarter of 2006. I guess I'll keep my Direct for a while.

wlee said:
For the cable package I have including the 3 HD non-DVR setup boxes, I pay $84.17/month.

For a similar Verizon package, I am looking at:

$39.95 for extended basic servive
$11.95 for movie channels
$14.95 for HBO
$9.95 x 3 for HD setup boxes

which comes out to $96.70/month. This number would be a bit closer if the HBO package included the movie channel package. I am perfectly happy with my cable/cable modem service. I would be making the switch based upon price point only. Verizon's 5/2 internet package is $10/month cheaper than my cable modem however. Hope I can work some sort of deal out for those setop boxes when FIOS TV is available by me.

You seem to be getting a pretty good deal, for cable anyway. Comcast's Digital Gold package (with 2 premium channels) is $88.94 + $5 for HD. Additional rooms with basic STB's would probably be about $6 each, so 3 rooms would cost me about $106.

Looks like you and I are in similar boats, my friend. We each have a pretty good deal going with our current provider, so we cannot justify switching based solely on price. For me, if HD were a big priority, I would switch to Fios so that I wouldn't have to buy new DVR's from DirecTV (and commit to a 2-year contract). For you, if you ever wanted 1 or more DVR's, Fios TV would be cheaper. than what you're currently paying.

As for me, if I had to choose between HD and my DVR, I'd choose my DVR in a heartbeat. That's why I'm not planning on buying an HD set for another year or so (well, that and my bank account, and my wife).

don't forget there will be discounts if you have other services from verizon.

I already have Verizon for local phone, so I would get $5/month off the internet. Wonder how much of a discount they'll give if you got the entire triple play. I'd be more than happy to get FIOS Internet because it is $10 cheaper per month than my cable modem for basically the same speed. I'm still waiting for FIOS TV in my area before I make my final decision. According to Verizon, this should be sometime Q1 '06.

wlee said:
For the cable package I have including the 3 HD non-DVR setup boxes, I pay $84.17/month.

$14.95 for HBO

which comes out to $96.70/month. This number would be a bit closer if the HBO package included the movie channel package. I am perfectly happy with my cable/cable modem service. I would be making the switch based upon price point only. Verizon's 5/2 internet package is $10/month cheaper than my cable modem however. Hope I can work some sort of deal out for those setop boxes when FIOS TV is available by me.

Well I just dumped Verizon and I now have Bright House Digital phone service and I'm saving about 10 bucks a month now with better phone service. Now that doesn't help me when my bill is still 248.26/month but hey. Now I would no doubt save money by moving everything to Verizon.

Also what ticks me off is that Bright House kept calling me to signup telling me about their Bright Life Price Promise which gives me a price lock on their digital combo plus package until January 31 of 2009. They promised no price increase whatsoever until that date. Also the digital combo plus includes high speed internet, digital cable (without premiums, HD Pak or box rentals and fees) and digital phone service. So as I said I got about ten sales calls for this and once I sign up and everything is put through the system and ask for the last time if my price is locked in until that date. Well they tell me after the fact that this price promise isn't available in Pinellas County.

I think I'm going to dump them on the phone service just for that alone because this just isn't right.

korsjs said:
that is crap. they should honor the price since it was quoted to you.

Yes they should but the 64K question is what in the hell can I do about it. The answer to that question is not much. All I can do is file with the state but that isn't going to do much and its not worth the time and effort considering I'm going to be moving soon out of the state out of the Bright House service area. I will be moving into an area that will have Verizon FIOS and Comcast right away so I think I'll be better off at this point.

korsjs said:
at least you will not have to deal with the hurricanes.

That is about 70% of the reason why I'm leaving this area. It just seems that these things have been worse the last five years and it doesn't seem to be getting better. This area has also been staying hotter longer than it ever has.

wlee said:

$14.95 for HBO

you are getting a good deal. My cable company charges 7.99 for hd channels plus 12.95 for non dvr hd boxes.

korsjs said:
right now we get five off the phone and internet.

and that's $5 EACH for the phone service and internet service.

So, if FIOS TV service was available in your area, and you already had FIOS internet, and a qualifying phone package, you can get $10 off/month for the FIOS TV service.

that is what i understand. i will look at the keller pricing tomorrow to see if that is what they are doing in their area.

and yes, i am getting five of both phone and internet right now.

I have been with Verizon Wireless for the past 5 years. It would be really nice if they would offer a $5 discount for their wireless service when combined with other services. It would be even nicer if they would combine everything into a single bill: phone, broadband, TV and wireless.

they can combine into a single bill. right now we have local, long distance, and internet on one bill. i don't see why cell phones could not be included on the same bill. don't have a cell with them, so not positive, but if i remember they told me it would be on the same bill. they also give you a special phone number to call where one person can help you with all the services instead of having to call seperate numbers for everything.

the last time i called the tried to get me to sign up for cell with them, so i do imagine it would be on the same bill.

surprising no discount. from what i understand, all you need is three services from them. in my case local, long distance, and internet. you might want to give them a call. i notice you are in tampa as well, there should be not difference between us. i had the discount when we had dsl throught them and it carried over when it became fios.

korsjs said:
surprising no discount. from what i understand, all you need is three services from them. in my case local, long distance, and internet. you might want to give them a call. i notice you are in tampa as well, there should be not difference between us. i had the discount when we had dsl throught them and it carried over when it became fios.

Thanks, i'll give them a call later :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts