Versus set to become the NBC Sports Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, that's corporate mergers for you. By allowing them to combine, they become more competitive by charging higher rates. *sigh*

Hopefully they will roll Universal Sports into NBC Sports. In upstate NY US is only carried in 3 areas, Albany, Buffalo and Olean. I'm about 100 miles east of the Buffalo tower of WGRZ (20 miles east of Rochester and on top of a drumlin) and I can just get US with my antenna and booster. Sometimes with a lot of break up.
Just spent the last week watching the World Swimming Championships.

If they broadcast some of the Olympics on that channel next year, I don't think Dish has much of a choice. Either they have to put it on a lower tier or at least have a free preview of the channel during the Olympics.

I've never really read anywhere here but Versus is available on a tier lower than the 250. You can get it on the Dish America Gold Package. You don't get all the music channels and maybe some others, but it's $10 less per month (59.99). http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/detail.aspx?pack=DAG

I used to drop down to America's Top 250 after the last Versus playoff game and went back to 250 after the season started. I can still do this, but lose a couple of stations I do watch ocassionaly by going to the Dish Silver Package for 49.99. DISH Network

There is now no need for me to go back to the Top 250 package. This works for me and it might work for others.

The prices shown right now at 49.99 - DAG and 39.99 - DAS are for new subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts