Vertical or not Vertical...that's the question!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brian07

Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Before I start I should say I'm a brand new newbie here and don't know much about technical stuff about the world of satellites but am very interested and eager to learn.

Ok, I just installed a new LNB on my 75cm dish, but now the problem is I can only get channels with Vertical Frequency numbers and all the other Channels with Horizontal Frequencies I'm getting no signals.

For more information: My new LNB is Digiwave 0.3 dB Standard single KU and my dish is aiming at Intelsat 5 and it has been aligned perfectly and my reciever is BEC Db6600 series.

Another info I need to mention is that I've noticed on my reciever's set up section for Transponder it shows "Vertical" for Polarization. Now should I change this to Horizontal and realign my dish? But if I do that, will I lose my Vertical Frequency channels? Or is the problem my bad or wrong LNB type.

Greatly appreciate any ideas.

Is there a mark on the LNBF for skew? Sometimes these LNBFs (especially the bullet types where it looks the same all around) have odd positions for '0' skew. Try twisting the LNBF in the holder if the placement of the mark is in question.

What channels are trying to get?

if the skew is set correctly like tron mentioned check the receiver setup where it has the polarity and adjust it to see if there is a V & H setting or ALL setting

I'm trying to get channels from Telstar5. The "Strength" meter on my receiver is close to 90% and "quality" meter shows 98. So I'm guessing the skew is set correctly. On my receiver setup the polarity has V and H but not ALL and it is set for Vertical. Should I change it to Horizontal?!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)