vertical polarized transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rick schram

Original poster
Aug 31, 2016
rothbury michigan
hi there im unable to receive any vertical polarized transponders .horizontals come in good.im on intelesat 5 at 97 degrees west i used to be able to get them thanks ku band

yes it previously worked .i had noticed i wasnt geting as many stations in then relized im not getting any vertical transponders.using a captive works cw700s receiver no switches lnbf frequency is set on 5150 changing the freq makes no difference

Are you trying to receive C-band or KU-LNBF? What size dish? LNBF? LNBF LO 5150 setting would be used for C-band. KU-LNBFs use either 10750 or 9750/10600 depending on the type of LNBF.

Example of channels being received? Examples of missing channels?

Is the LNBF voltage menu set on AUTO or 13/18?

The LNBF or the receiver may be defective. To test for correct receiver polarity switching voltage use a voltage tester on the coax cable (13Vdc on a vertical transponder and 18Vdc on horizontal). If the receiver voltage is correct, then the LNBF may be defective.

Are you trying to receive C-band or KU-LNBF? What size dish? LNBF? LNBF LO 5150 setting would be used for C-band. KU-LNBFs use either 10750 or 9750/10600 depending on the type of LNBF.

Example of channels being received? Examples of missing channels?

Is the LNBF voltage menu set on AUTO or 13/18?

The LNBF or the receiver may be defective. To test for correct receiver polarity switching voltage use a voltage tester on the coax cable (13Vdc on a vertical transponder and 18Vdc on horizontal). If the receiver voltage is correct, then the LNBF may be defective.

im using a 3 foot dish with a inexpensive lnb.im trying to use it for ku band but noticed it received more transponders when i set it on 5150 rather than 10750 .this problem started after i had stored the receiver awhile cause i had installed a Dish brand receiver on same pole.when i reinstalled it after a couple years i had to have it on 5150.i checked the switching voltage under load and it stays on 18 volts

5150 is incorrect and it should be set to match the LNBF type. Is the LNBF standard or Universal? Does it have any printing on it? If the receiver's LO setting doesn't match the LNBF's LO type, channels will be missing. The correct setting will be either universal (9750/10600) or standard (10750).

Did you check the install menu's LNB voltage setting? Is it set to Auto (H/V - 13/18) or to a different setting?

If the receiver's LNB voltage isn't switching between 13 & 18Vdc when changing between a vertical and a horizontal transponder, it is either the LNB power setting or the receiver is defective.

im using a 3 foot dish with a inexpensive lnb.im trying to use it for ku band but noticed it received more transponders when i set it on 5150 rather than 10750 .this problem started after i had stored the receiver awhile cause i had installed a Dish brand receiver on same pole.when i reinstalled it after a couple years i had to have it on 5150.i checked the switching voltage under load and it stays on 18 volts
i have used this lnb before and it worked on 10750 but now it gets more stations on 5150 .i dont find a voltage setup in menue it remains at 18volts

Titanium's right, your LNB lo should be set to 10750 for a linear Ku LNB or 9750/10600 for a universal Ku LNB, not 5150. 5150 is for C band. Can you post up a picture of your LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)