Very Strange Problem with signal

viewsonic

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Hi:

I have a strange problem. My signal strength (when it catches the bird 61.5W) is 122-124. However it loses signal every 10-15 minutes and the progress goes only to step 1 of 5 and signal comes back. It never completes all the steps. Driving crazy :confused:

What is going on? :no

viewsonic said:
Hi:

I have a strange problem. My signal strength (when it catches the bird 61.5W) is 122-124. However it loses signal every 10-15 minutes and the progress goes only to step 1 of 5 and signal comes back. It never completes all the steps. Driving crazy :confused:

What is going on? :no
Sounds like a willow tree is moving to the breeze.

Does it do this with all the channels or just particular channels that come off of particular satellites? What type of dish, receivers, and switches do you have? Do you only have 61.5 hooked up?

Stargazer said:
Does it do this with all the channels or just particular channels that come off of particular satellites? What type of dish, receivers, and switches do you have? Do you only have 61.5 hooked up?[/QUOTE

Dish 500, 3900, only 61.5w hooked up, no switch, Somehow I loose my signal every 2-3 weeks for a day or two, then I have to disconnect the power :confused:

I'm going to assume you've got an old Legacy Single/Dual LNBF.

If you still have the other one from the Dish500, swap them.

Of course, the standard advice to check & replace the connectors still applies. This fixes the majority of signal drop problems.

SimpleSimon said:
I'm going to assume you've got an old Legacy Single/Dual LNBF.

If you still have the other one from the Dish500, swap them.

Of course, the standard advice to check & replace the connectors still applies. This fixes the majority of signal drop problems.

I have the twin Legacy LNBF. The problem happens on all the channels. I updated the software.

I think that the connectors are OK, since the signal strength (when it works) is above 120. I do have a connector in the line (where I can hook analog satellite finder).

I do not know why the progress steps only go upto only step-1, and signal comes back. It never complete all 5 steps.

Interesting that you have Legacy gear, but the switch check only goes to 5 steps max - that's the DishPro number of steps.

Oh - and signal strength is meaningless without BOTH the satellite AND transponder number. Use transponders 11 & 12 for 110 & 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts