Very weird 722k problem. Am I the first?

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
I hope I'm not the first to experience this......I need some help.
My 722k is acting very strange. I'm having two problems:

1. WHEN the TV1 remote responds (and its a 50/50 thing) it is extremely slow. I'm using a 20.0 IR remote for TV1. I figured it was the batteries so I installed new ones.....the problem is still there.

2. This problem is even stranger. When TV1 goes into standby mode, I get the "Press SELECT to Watch TV" message. I can press "select" on the remote 100 times and nothing happens. In order to wake the box up from standby mode, I must press the "select" button that is actually located on the 722.

TV2 is not having any problems.

The ONLY thing new to my setup is that I got a new TV. TV1 used to be a SDTV hooked up via composite cables. Now it is a HDTV hooked up via HDMI. The problems started to occur immediately after hooking up the HDTV, so it would seem that is where the problem is, right? That just doesn;t make sense to me.....I've heard bad things about E*'s HDMI ports.....could that be the problem?

Thanks for the help. This thing has been driving me crazy.

I bet you got an LCD..... Someone's gonna pop in here and tell you what to turn off on the TV to fix the problem. Basically, your TV is putting out a signal that covers the IR remote signal. I can't remember what it is on the TV, so......

I bet you got an LCD..... Someone's gonna pop in here and tell you what to turn off on the TV to fix the problem. Basically, your TV is putting out a signal that covers the IR remote signal. I can't remember what it is on the TV, so......

You're exactly right. :) I actually jumped the gun and posted too soon.....I just went over to the tech forum and read about a similar issue. I turned off the Dynalight(??) and Dynamic Contrast on the TV and the problem is solved. This forum is truly a wealth of info! :up:up

Yup, LCDs are notorious for spurious IR. You can do that or you can get sometime like a HOT LINK PRO [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Link-Remote-Control-Booster-System/dp/B00023JJV6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261857746&sr=8-3"]Amazon.com: Hot Link Pro Remote Control Booster System: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FENGKB6EL.@@AMEPARAM@@41FENGKB6EL[/ame] which is what I did for my Plasma and my neighbors LCD.

The sensor is so sensitive you can literally hide it behind the TV, books etc and it will pick up valid IR from the Harmony and not see the emitted IR from the TV. Then just run the emitters to your components (I have them on my Sony BluRay, 722K, Receiver, Samsung 63" panel, Apple TV and one left over.

I just point the remote anywhere at the TV or wall and the sensor will pickup the reflected IR off the wall and will not see the direct IR that the TV puts out. See the attached picture.

Attachments

• IMG_1651.JPG
    IMG_1651.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1657.JPG
    IMG_1657.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 156
or just grab another tv2 remote and uhf pro it......... I see this problem alot on sharp tvs.....alot!

Dish sent me a UHF remote for my 722 at no charge. Funny thing is that all the other equipment and an IR repeater work perfect. Just the Dish units seem to be bothered by the LCD. And on a sunny day with lots of sunlight through the windows, the standard Dish IR remote works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)