Video Card replacement help

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Hi all,

I found out today just how bad, bad grounding can be and how much voltage potential there can be between two poorly grounded systems.

The short story is, I tried to connect my TV in one room to my computer in another in a house with VERY bad wiring. Both rooms are grounded. JUST NOT TO THE SAME THING!

As I was quickly plugging in the RCA connection for the video being fed into my computer, an arch lit the room. I could not react fast enough to stop myself from finishing the connection. A moment later... "SNAP"... The video and audio went out on my computer.

Luckily after some diagnostic work and cursing the the ozone-smelling air, I was able to get my computer up and running with a spare old video card I had around.

So now I am looking for a replacement to the ATI all in wonder I had.

I need some advice since I have been out of this game for some time.
The card I have now is similar to this (AT10016M-R ATI brand) ATI ALL IN WONDER R9600 128MB VIVO/DVI/REMOTE (FULL RETAIL)

So, the question is: is there a card like this with these kind of features that is any good for less?
Specifically I absolutely require two VGA or DVI independent outputs. I don't care too much about the TV tuner, though it is nice. I use it once in a dozen blue moons. But when I do, I'm glad I have it. However I also have a "MyHD" card with an NTSC/ATSC tuner that I could use. It's not as nice, but it is HD. :)

Any input would be appreciated.

Of course those that have been arguing with me about a la carte would tell me I need to buy a whole computer otherwise the economics of the business would crumble and fall. :D But that's another story.

See ya
Tony

Thanks Van, But I already ordered the card I listed above at about 6pm. I needed a replacement fast and no one else had any suggestions over the passed 24 hours or so.

Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)