Video dimming

hmatos

Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
Is this another known issue with the 921? I've had this happen about 3 to 4 times in the last couple of weeks. I'll be watching program, go to the guide, come back to the program. All of a sudden, the image goes dim, almost like there's a transparent layer on top of the image.

hm

Dark overlay and hang

Originally 10/7/04 posted somewhere.

"Several times while pushing buttons -- info and cancel..., I get an overlay of most of the screen. It is a darkening like behind the info screen. Usually it will go away in 2 to 10 seconds but sometimes you cannot get rid of it. Most buttons are disabled -- prev info view cancel and pvr. The guide does come up with a bright corner picture. The cancel button works then but does not bring up the program name when out of the guide. The last time this happened, a sat SD timer had started and I could not stop it. A front panel reboot was needed but the recording was not there."

I've seen it with L211 too. Sometimes you can get rid of the overlay. If you punch multiple button you probably will never get out and a reboot will be needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)