VIDEO - Hopper GO

It's not a Roku type box. Just storage for mobile devices to stream from.

Are there really that many people that stream movies to a five in screen mobile device. My 65 in. HDTV is my preference for watching movies. But a Hopper Go would be perfect for watching movies in my RV for a weekend, rather than setting up a dish.

Reactions: navychop
I would to my Note 4, but would even more to my tablet.

I'm not completely clear on how the GO works. But .... If it creates it's own Wifi hotspot as I am reading, I am going to assume there will be an app for mobile devices to access it and play the programs. If that is true, it may well be you can side load that app to a Fire Stick and Voila you have the GO streaming to a TV.

Reactions: TheKrell
I works using the DishAnywher App for viewing. In other words, it replaces the need for you to transfer to and take up space on your mobile phone or tablet. So, instead of uisng your DishAnywhere mobile app to view content transferred to your mobile device, DishAnywhere acesses the Hopper Go instead. This is NOT a means to cast content to an TV. The Hopper Go just replaces the need to transfer content to your mobie device, but with two advantages:

1. Hopper Go has much more capacity than smartphones and tablets, so you can transfer much much more content for your remote, offline viewing that is especially useful if you and family are away on trips or extended stays.

2. Up to 5 devices can access the Hopper Go at the same time. So, the Hopper Go works as a kind of hub the family can access when you are away visiting another home or on vacation at a hotel. The kids and you can access the content from the same Hopper Go at the same time using the DishAnywhere app. So, each family member can now watch their own, individual content on their own, individual mobile device using the DishAnywhere app. all at the same time up to 5 devices.

I'm likely to get one. Also, the Hopper Go is a great solution for those whose mobile device may not support transfers of Dish content, for some reason, and for those who have a device with very limited storage. This is a lot better than getting a new phone or tablet just for the storage. Hopper Go is supposed to be a one-time purchase of $99 and will have NO FEES associated with it.

You will use the DISH Anywhere app, when your connected to the Go Wifi Hotspot it will activate the Go Support in the Dish Anywhere program.

If we move content to the Hopper Go does that mean it is no longer on our home DVR?
This has been my question. My assumption is the rules for transfer are exactly the same as a transfer to phones and the GO is just an external harddrive so to say, to the phone. It having 64 gb is not really worth anything to me, as after my pictures and 34 days of music I still have 66gb available on my iPhone, so I won't be buying it for $99, but my gf only has 32gb total, so if she liked tv more, it might be worth is with her.

My question is can you keep the Hopper go device plugged into the wall socket and keep it charged so you can use it for longer than 4 hours of battery life? I have an 8 hour job and spend most of it watching m I-pad to fill out my boring security job and this would be great if you could. Also can you use this device without upgrading to the hopper 3 ?

My question is can you keep the Hopper go device plugged into the wall socket and keep it charged so you can use it for longer than 4 hours of battery life? I have an 8 hour job and spend most of it watching m I-pad to fill out my boring security job and this would be great if you could. Also can you use this device without upgrading to the hopper 3 ?
You'd have to get a powered hub to power it. It only has USB for power...

If we move content to the Hopper Go does that mean it is no longer on our home DVR?
I would think it would the same as when you transfer to your phone or tablet and it would still be available on the Hopper.
When I move a program to my wife's iPad, it is no longer on the HWS.

And now, if you please, a moment of silence for the late PocketDish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)