Video pixilating and stopping

whitty

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Kentucky
Anyone else seeing a lot of pixilating and the stopping for at least twenty to thirty seconds at a time? Seems like this happens a lot lately and it's on live tv, no certain channels, just curious if it is just me or any others having the same problem.

Reactions: bwexler
Anyone else seeing a lot of pixilating and the stopping for at least twenty to thirty seconds at a time? Seems like this happens a lot lately and it's on live tv, no certain channels, just curious if it is just me or any others having the same problem.
That can happen with heavy cloud cover. Nevertheless, your dish probably needs to be re-aligned.

No cloud cover, I don't think the dish needs re-alignment because the signal level on the 61.5 sat is 75 and around the low to mid 60's on 72.
If signal is good, there's three things it could be

Damaged cable or connectors - visually check every inch if the cable and disconnect all connectors and make sure no damage.

Electrical issues - usually caused by bad house wiring involving the ground, can be checked be temporarily using a three prong to two prong plug adapter that will disconnect the ground.

Bad receiver - if it's not either of the above issues then most likely need a new receiver.

Can also press home three times (I'm assuming it's a hopper), then go to history on the left side. What we are looking at are the numbers next signal and then also next to internal resets. If the number next to resets is more than like 10% higher than number of internal resets than you have signal issues, refer back to first two options. It is still possible to be bad lnb or hub as well but not very likely if signal is showing good.

If signal is good, there's three things it could be

Damaged cable or connectors - visually check every inch if the cable and disconnect all connectors and make sure no damage.

Electrical issues - usually caused by bad house wiring involving the ground, can be checked be temporarily using a three prong to two prong plug adapter that will disconnect the ground.

Bad receiver - if it's not either of the above issues then most likely need a new receiver.

Can also press home three times (I'm assuming it's a hopper), then go to history on the left side. What we are looking at are the numbers next signal and then also next to internal resets. If the number next to resets is more than like 10% higher than number of internal resets than you have signal issues, refer back to first two options. It is still possible to be bad lnb or hub as well but not very likely if signal is showing good.
I vote hard drive.