VideoCipher II Plus --> DigiCipher

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

esteveW

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Western WA
I have a couple receiver option to consider but also must consider need for Digital Cipher need if I want to use the subscription services, etc..

I now have two different configurations. A old Toshiba TRX1820 for anolog with the GI 905 sidecar for the digital.

I also have a GI 2730R digital receiver with a VideoCipher II Plus module.

Either set up will work, until I want to go to and encription situation (so much for the F(ree)TA..) If I understand correctly, with almost everything gone to Digital, I now need DigiCipher module.

For the 905 how would a get the DigiCipher to work with that setup?? There is no TVPASS Card install and I don't think that would provide a method for VideoCipher.

I know I can pull the old VideoCipher module from the GI 2730R. Can I obtain a DigiCipher module to directly replace it?? Where and how much would that cost??

I'm not complaining. This is just a hobby!! I have been at this for 8 months now and have two BUDs and still watch/subscribe to D*SH for my regular programing.:mad:

Steve

The digital scrambler is DIGICIPHER (VideoCipher is analog)

the 905 has it built in...if you go to the menu that shows all the info (options 6-3-1 I **think**) there is a id number that starts 000-XXXXXXX

thats the digital number that you give your provider when you subscribe

DSR 905 DigiCipher

Ok! I don't have the 905 hooked up right now but I see in the manual, only mentioned in the spec's. But I will try the menu options later this evening.

The old analog box I have is realy only good for moving the dish since the pre-programed Sat's are too old, most don't exist anymore and the 905 can only scan the sat's that are in the analog receiver.

I'm going to play with that tonite.

Thanks,

Steve

The 905 doesnt have the ability to move the dish...it can skew the LNB but not move the dish...the analog receiver will have to do that

905 sidecar + Toshiba 1820

Yah! And there-in lies the problem for me right now. I got the 905 and Trashiba hooked up last nite and did the manual scan for the analog sats and found about 6 or so that I could get the picture to lock in long enough to figure out which ones there were. Only one was in the pre-programed directory. The rest, I had to some old designation, no longer on the NPS list. I only got one Digital hit and the notification screen telling me that I need to get authorizaion for this service. (I'm not quite there yet.) I really need to find a analog box that can blind scan and will allow me to actually reprogram the satellites by their common designation. Right now I don't get any sound and I have never gotten any color from the Trashiba. It is really only a dish mover and in combination with the 905 things get complicated regarding the analog programing.

Yah! I know I could get more if I installed my Ku /C LNB. Right now, I have just set up the new BUD with all the hardware/mount set at exactly as it was when I moved it. Cables just run acrossed the yard and thru the cracked open patio door. Now that I know that the old C-band LNB is working and the angles are in the ball park I will swap out the Corotor II from my mesh dish.

At least I have something working, almost!:confused: I got a lot done in a week!

Steve

Here are a couple Before/After pictures. :D Note the new paint job.

Attachments

• P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 195
  • P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 178
  • P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 191
  • P1010014.JPG
    P1010014.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 203
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)