Viewsat Platinum (blind Scan)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eastcoast

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
Newfoundland,Canada
I have a viewsat platimum receiver and so far have been adding channels manually or scanning them in from the channel scan which is not too up to date.But my question is, has anyone had any success with the Blind Scan for these units i know it is run from software and I have made sure the latest factory version is installed but very poor or no results even from a satellite that has active FTA on it.
All I do is in the set up select the satellite the correct LNBF and Frequency and press F2 for blind scan wait for a long time and either don't get anything or a couple of duplicates.LNBF is standard 10750.

Dave

Hi

No one out there had any experience with the blind scan on this receiver, I emailed viewsat support a few days ago about it but nothing back yet. I know they must get alot of questions.
i may decide to get another receiver that will do the blind scan function right.

Dave

Eastcoast

I know the Platinum claimed to do blind scan but didn't. The Xtreme one does.

(my Cpativewoks claims blind scan and that doesnt work either)

well from all the posts I've read blind scan is an important feature, and finding all those interesting news and sports feeds with it is what makes this hobby fun I guess.
if I find some funds then maybe i'll look for a second receiver.How about the Coolscan 5000, how does everyone else do this?

Dave

I use the Traxis DBS 3500 and the Fortec Classic NA. Both have genuine BLIND SCAN, as you said its a must have in this hobby (IMO)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)