Viewsat & STAB120

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cold Winter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
I flashed my platinum, and got signal and quality bars that I didn't have on the original firmware. But I find the USALS stuff still seems flaky on my STAB120, although that just may be me. Definitely drives the motor in other modes. Tell me Gizzer, how do you track your dish movement? It really annoys me that I have no reference on screen to tell me the motor angle.

I also get a constant 49% signal and 0-20% quality ( red bars ) across the entire arc! Which leads me to suspect a bad LNB. Anybody have a similar experience?

I only have a Big Ugly Dish at the moment

Cold Winter said:
I flashed my platinum, and got signal and quality bars that I didn't have on the original firmware. But I find the USALS stuff still seems flaky on my STAB120, although that just may be me. Definitely drives the motor in other modes. Tell me Gizzer, how do you track your dish movement? It really annoys me that I have no reference on screen to tell me the motor angle.

I also get a constant 49% signal and 0-20% quality ( red bars ) across the entire arc! Which leads me to suspect a bad LNB. Anybody have a similar experience?

Hi there...
It sounds like the Platinum now looks like the Extreme...I have the bars too but the orig firmware had them too.

I wish I could answer your question, but I am currently using my BUD w/ 4dtv to get FTA on the Extreme... will not have a dedicated setup for a few weeks after I order one and the weather clears. The West is getting hammered thru the 1st week in January...or so they say!

I did play with the F3 (I think) button on the remote and it brought up some go to stuff and other motor controls...play with the F keys and see what comes up

regards
Jeff

Correction, it does seem USALS mode does work with the STAB120. Where I get a bit confused, is there is no status other than "dish moving" type message that dissappears before the motor gets where it needs to be. With zero reference on screen to tell you where the dish is currently pointed, or even when movement is complete, you truly are blind.

The issue appeared to be I don't have a switch in the path, so I had DiSEqC turned off. Turned it on anyway ( even without the switch ) and back in business. Why the motor control and DiSEqC switch menu items aren't automatically slaved together when you select USALS is just another mystery to a newbie like me.

I hope the new manual ( whne it comes out ) is a bit more instructive. When they put out new S/W, maybe a diagnostics mode might be handy???

On edit: Dufus question. Does 22KHz switch to hi band come on automatically when you select "universal" for the LNB? I'm not clear on that function.

Last edited:
Iceberg said:
yes it does. When you select Universal, the 22K switches to auto

Thanks! Guess this means I'm going to have to look closer at the LNB ( Invacom single ) . Seems its aimed sliightly off centre of the dish by the eyeball method. I wonder if there is some "formal" way or tools for locating and focusing the LNB?

Success... Well sort of:eureka:

I got it to lock onto Galaxy 10R on one TP ( V 11799 ) on a BlindScan. Got about 19 stations. Signal was about 58-65% and quality was around 85%. I have to assume that a 1.2M dish with an Invacom LNB should do better than that. :confused: More tweaking:devil:

As for USALS, it definitely is not consistent. For some reason the V2000 Platinum needs to be told more than once to get over there before it actually does it. In "installer" mode, the STAB does exactly what its told everytime:D . In either case, however, what exactly it did is not precisely known. There simply is no on-screen feedback on where the dish is pointing. This is a problem, if your dish is 250 feet away and out of sight behind another building:( . When I use USALS mode and it finally moves, its precise, but again no proper feedback as to when its moving and when it reaches its destination. Gotta run outside and eyeball it to see if it might be pointed to the right part of the sky.

Is this consistent with the way other STBs do their thing, or is it just the V2000 S/W???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts