Viewsat VS2000 Platinum Blind Scan

Status
Please reply by conversation.
By the advertisements it does. I bought it last week but for the life of me I can not find it. I'm thinking I might have to do a firmware update on it to get the blind scan feature.

Or it may be the same as the first Viewsat, they said that it had blind scan and it did not, what (I think) they 'mean' is someone with a REAL blind scan receiver scans the satellites then posts the updated TP. list on the internet, then you download it to your receiver............

So its not really blind scan!

I know the original Viewsat did not have a true blind scan. As PSB noted, they wanted you to download a transponder list that was "close" but wouldnt help fro true FTA

Some boxes say "blind scan" but either there isnt or its a bugger to find it (I'm having the same issue with the Neosat)

I just bought a VS2000 Platinum because it was advertised as having "True Blind Scan Software". I was looking forward to using it for news feeds.

When I go to the satellite installation menu, I do get a blind scan option if you press the green F2 button. I tried this on IA-6 but it doesn't find anything.

I can put in transponders manually so I know the feeds are there, but blind scan isn't doing anything for me.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if the feature just doesn't work right...

Thanks Kramer for the info. I have been reading so much this past week that my eyes must be letting me down.
When I went to satellite installation I made sure that the signal meter was yellow and hit F2. It got me 2 more channels on G10R. When the meter turns yellow it is showing the signal quality.

VS2000 from Viewsat does not have blind scan/power scan. Not sure why it is advertised as having it. I bought one because it was advertised as having this feature and I figured with the revved up hardware it would be faster than the receivers on the market.

Kramer said:
I just bought a VS2000 Platinum because it was advertised as having "True Blind Scan Software". I was looking forward to using it for news feeds.
When I go to the satellite installation menu, I do get a blind scan option if you press the green F2 button. I tried this on IA-6 but it doesn't find anything.
I can put in transponders manually so I know the feeds are there, but blind scan isn't doing anything for me.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if the feature just doesn't work right...

As ftadirect mentioned in the other post he references, there is a software update on the manufacturer's website that is supposed to add the blind scan feature for the Viewsat receivers. I don't have a Viewsat so I cannot speak from experience.

Hope you are not talking about HACKING (stealing satellite service) As you will be BANNED and your IP and e-mail address sent Directly to Dishnetwork!!!!!

I nuked it....posting the same thing over and over (and it was a hack question) gets you outta here :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts