Vip 211 - L2.68 Firmware to spool 7/6/2006

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
From the Dish Tech Portal:

07/05/2006: 1100 Software Version L2.68 for ViP 211/DISH 411

Effective Thursday, July 6th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L2.68 for the ViP 211/DISH 411 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L2.68 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 211/DISH 411.

I hope this one does something to fix the caller ID functionality, so it works like the 811.

I've been having some audio loss with the last software update. I hope they get their act together and fix the new problems that they are introducing with these updates.

Please oh please let them support DD5.1 or 6 channel linear PCM over the HDMI port. I want to get rid of the optical cable so bad. I really think they can do it in software.

My local WB has been out of sync since I went from my 811 to the 211. Got the update and it is still out of sync. My other ota hd locals would lose sync a bit every now and again, a reboot would fix it. Reboot never has fixed WB20 out of Knoxville. The sd from dish is one of the most unwatchable sd feeds I have ever seen. It is in sync on the sd feed from dish, the pic is just realy, realy bad. The sync is out on WB at times more than 1 sec +! Never had that problem before the 211. So now I know it did not fix anything I'm wondering what they screwed up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)