ViP 211 remote issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Don_S

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Just received my replacement Dish 211 receiver from Dish. It is replacing a 211 in which the remote would only work if it was within 2-3 inches from the receiver. With the replacement 211, the range appears to be normal; however, I have noticed that it takes several minutes after the receiver is turned on before remote commands will work. During this time, none of the buttons on the remote work except the power button. Is this normal? I am wondering if there is some kind of a boot-up process during which the receiver is unresponsive to the remote? Is anyone else having this issue with their 211?

Are you sure the remote is on the same channel as the receiver? Hit menu on the remote to bring up the System info. If this works it is set right. If not hit system info on the 211 front panel and then push the "record" button on the remote.

I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure it's on the same channel. After a few minutes, everything works as it should, so it cannot be that they are NOT on the same channel. It's just the initial delay that has me stumped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)